Topic: Memory trigger

So on Facebook, there's this picture of Stryper, which was a heavy metal Christian rock band, and the meme is that Ted Cruz must be the lead singer because there's a strong resemblance. 

Well, without getting into politics, I was reminded of a praise band for which I did sound, and the guitarist was the former lead guitarist of Stryper.  I can't even remember his name.  I do remember these things: 1. He was extremely talented, 2. He could play any key no matter how many sharps and flats and do it the first time or two through, 3. He was very nice and kind.  I never did get to jam with him.  I was way out of my league with that crew.  It was hard enough turning the mics on. 

Anyway.  That's it. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Memory trigger

Ted Cruz looks creepy to me.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

It's often funny how someone's doppleganger is in a completely different "line of work", and it makes for a good smile if we imagine them switching roles. Another example is the striking resemblance between Rush's drummer Neil Peart, and actor Tom Hanks. And I've always found this one funny:

http://i.imgur.com/ibTHnzw.jpg

That's Steve Carrell rather than Tom Hanks, but point taken nevertheless.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

They do look a lot alike.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

6 (edited by beamer 2016-03-16 01:49:47)

Either Michale Sweet or Oz Fox.  you should have asked them I bet they would have had a good time with ya.  Very cool though.  My buddies band (Maxx Warrior, which I have mentioned  here b4) opened up for them in Charlotte back in the 80s.

We used to rock Stryper out of his chevette  at the mall! LOLOL then I got into a band called BARREN CROSS.  They sounded a lot like Maiden.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-03-16 23:45:38)

Zurf wrote:

That's Steve Carrell rather than Tom Hanks, but point taken nevertheless.

Obviously ... and that's Alice Cooper next to Carrell, not Neil Peart. The Carrell <-> Cooper resemblance is the point, and here's a pic showing the Peart <-> Hanks resemblance:

http://www.futuro.cl/files/2014/07/neil-peart-tom-hanks-web.jpg