Topic: St. Patrick's Day

As I have started my celebration of this week on Sunday, with corn-beef, cabbage & boiled potatoes (because I wanted left-overs for tomorrow. As far as I'm concerned it's one of those meals that's better the next day or so after.) and I have been enjoying a glass of my favorite Irish whiskey each night. I wanted to get a jump on tomorrow by offering the following toast to all of Chordie & at large.

"There are good ships, and there are wood ships. The ships that sail the sea.
                          But the best ships, are friendships, and may they always be. "

Sláinte !

Re: St. Patrick's Day

It's  St Patrick's day here now in the UK. Although I don't celebrate it myself (and were not allowed to celebrate St George's day). I hope you have a good one. Ps can you get Guinness over there?

Thick as two short planks

Happy st. pats day. Please no driving if you drink.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Happy St. Patrick's especially to our Irish Members and Visitors.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

keepitreal wrote:

Ps can you get Guinness over there?

We can, but I'm sure it's not anything like YOUR REAL Guinness!  smile

Well, I think Saint Patty's Day is just a super commercialized holiday here in the States.  It's all about saying "I'm Irish", wearing green, watching out for leprechaun tricks, 4 leaf clovers, and when possible drinking green beer and eating corned beef and cabbage.  So, it's not really a "celebration" in the sense that it was originally meant to be, you know, as a catholic remembrance of a certain important dude.  I'm pretty curious though, I know many of our friends from Ireland may not even be Catholic... so how do YOU feel about the holiday?  What do YOU do to celebrate, if anything? 

Anyhow... since I'm homeschooling my little one, we'll be eating some green scrambled eggs and doing some little crafts today, wear our green, discuss our Irish roots, while learning about the ORIGINS of the holiday, how it changed in the US as Irish Immigrants came over (bacon and taters VS. corned beef and cabbage), how the color green plays a role, and that pinching people who aren't wearing green isn't nice and is just silly.

So... HAPPY St. PATRICK'S DAY to those of you celebrating - however you choose to celebrate and why!  tongue

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.