Topic: 30 Years Of Tears

One of my favorite John Hiatt songs, I added bass and drums along with the vocals and acoustic guitar had a lot of fun learning this it is in 6/4 time. The video was shot with my Sony music cam that takes the audio feed direct from my recorder and mixes it with the video. smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqlDx7B … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: 30 Years Of Tears

Just had a listen Russell and it's awesome. Loved the feeling you gave it.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Russell that's an awesome rendition you put a lot of feeling into it

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

bluejeep wrote:

Just had a listen Russell and it's awesome. Loved the feeling you gave it.

Thanks, I enjoyed working on the progression it was educational adding my own tracks to this classic.

dino48 wrote:

Russell that's an awesome rendition you put a lot of feeling into it

dino much appreciated John Hiatt is a great songwriter and artist, I don't do a lot of covers but every once in a while a song comes along I have fun singing this is one.

Absolutely great Russ. A song I do not know and have never heard before so I will have to go and listen to the original for comparison; second thoughts, why bother, I like yours anyway big_smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Great work, Russell ...

So good to hear from you (been a while) and obviously the creative juices are still flowing. Nicely done!

great job one of my favorite Hiatt tunes

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Russell

That was fantastic !

I have never heard that song, and I agree with Roger - no need to listen to the original - this is awesome in it's own.  You bring the feelings of the  of the heart into every note played and vocalized. Your performance is captivating because  the passion you put into it  is as if it were the first time the story was told , which is always the best!
Russell,. a really great performance- I enjoyed that a lot.
Thanks for sharing

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Roger, TF, Mojo, Jim  I first became aware of this song late last year, prior to that I had seen John Hiatt perform with Bonny Raitt on a  song he composed "thing called love" and started listening to more of his songs when I came across this song I loved it and decided to learn it. I do thank you all for your warm comments and yes TF the "juices" are still flowing. I have 10 tracks being mixed and mastered professionally on a song I composed a few months ago and am waiting for the results, if good I will send more keep ya  all posted on the progress. thanks again for your comments smile

loving the raunchy voice there Russ. i've never heard of this one before either, i have come back and listened a few times and i'm getting to like it. are you playing all the instruments cos i can hear a slide and keyboards and a great sound on the acoustic. looking forward to your new track when it's done.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

loving the raunchy voice there Russ. i've never heard of this one before either, i have come back and listened a few times and i'm getting to like it. are you playing all the instruments cos i can hear a slide and keyboards and a great sound on the acoustic. looking forward to your new track when it's done.

phill

Phill I am playing the bass, drums, and acoustic +vocal I took the slide, harmonica, and keyboards from the original sound track . my acoustic is a Hohner  with a bridge pickup I do get a nice mix on the sound because of the Sony HD music cam it lets me go direct from the Tascam DP24  to the camera that has a compression feature and I plug my headset into the camera to monitor the sound and the sound is added to the video in the camera. This song took a bit of time to learn but well worth it. thanks for giving a look i am waiting on the mix and master service for my new song let ya all know when it gets back. smile

Thank you for the kind words Jim

TIGLJK wrote:

Russell

That was fantastic !

I have never heard that song, and I agree with Roger - no need to listen to the original - this is awesome in it's own.  You bring the feelings of the  of the heart into every note played and vocalized. Your performance is captivating because  the passion you put into it  is as if it were the first time the story was told , which is always the best!
Russell,. a really great performance- I enjoyed that a lot.
Thanks for sharing

Jim