Topic: brothers of the PUI

slow day at work so I though I would post a little ditty I wrote and made a video for a group of my friends . we make a annual trip to Arkansas  for white water kayaking, drinking, camping, drinking, hanging out around the camp fire and maybe a drink or two. a pirate looks at forty is kind of our anthem any way heres to my brothers of the PUI (paddlers under the influence)
https://youtu.be/2lEJA5rR7_I

Am                     C            G       Am                                                  Am G Am
we be pirates one and all       we ply our trade up in Arkansas
we rule the river and we rule the waves       brothers in arms till we find our graves

chorus
Am                                               C  G      Am                                                    Am G Am
oh we are the brothers of the PUI      thick as thieves till the day we die
our name is feared both far and wide     we are the brothers of the PUI

and its yo ho ho and a bottle of rum     raising hell down the river we come
and its fifteen men on a dead mans chest    PUI TO HELL WITH THE REST
chorus

our beards are grey but our hearts are young   we paddle our boats and we drink our rum
down the river hear our cannon thunder    late at night we loot and plunder

chorus

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: brothers of the PUI

That's great mojo, the words and rhymes come together as if they'd always been that way. No time to listen at moment, hopefully later. Nice one

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Sounds like fun. Great stuff.

Thick as two short planks

Mojo

You paint the picture with your lyrics like a Picasso.
I can see your group very vividly in my mind.

Thanks for sharing - well done!!
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

sure looks like a lot of fun.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

just listened to the song and watched the vid, looks like a lot of fun, are we to take it that there was a rollover accident? hope everything is OK.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

just listened to the song and watched the vid, looks like a lot of fun, are we to take it that there was a rollover accident? hope everything is OK.

fortunately the driver and passenger were wearing armor made of crown royal and the  bloody ear was the only damage. my friend scott can now say he went down the river with a bloody bucken ear

smile  Nice song for your crew!  They remind me a LOT of my husband, before we had the last little one... or... when he manages to get away from the family for a while.  wink  I've even been known to join in on the shenanigans when we manage time away from ALL the littles!  Good times!  Thanks for sharing this with us!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

The "Head Pickle Rhymer" strikes again ... whatta hoot! Lots of stuff I can relate to from past adventures, but the pirate angle makes it even better. Love it!

Tenement Funster wrote:

The "Head Pickle Rhymer" strikes again ... whatta hoot! Lots of stuff I can relate to from past adventures, but the pirate angle makes it even better. Love it!

don't know if shows up any where in the video we have stickers on our boats and a couple of guys even got tattoos of our logo  a skull and crossed paddles replacing the bones

Great song love it

mojo01 ---- great song, looks like a great time with the lads ......

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan