Topic: Pop-ups on Chordie

I just updated to Windows 10 and after installing updated drivers, etc. I accessed the Chordie site and get ad pop-ups just below the home page header. It never has happened before and I checked out the first ad - a McAfee error fix - a lure to get me into their security. The pop-ups are annoying but I may have to live with them. Anyone have a solution about getting them removed. It doesn't happen on any of the other sites that I visit and have to log in to.

Re: Pop-ups on Chordie

I assume you are using the (native) edge browser that packs with Win 10..... you might have had something like ad block plus running in your old version and it did not automatically retain that with the new install.  See if it is available for you and give that a try (it sure seems to stop ads everywhere else).

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Actually, it's easier than that!  Edge, Chrome, and Mozilla all have a built in "block pop ups" feature.

On edge, click the three dots in the upper right hand corner, then click on settings, scroll down and click on advanced settings, and click the switch next to Block Pop Ups!  smile  It will then turn blue, and under the title show "on".  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

If you're using Chrome or Mozilla and need help finding how to do this, let me know!  smile  It woks great in all browsers, and nothing extra to install!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy! smile

LOL - my mom used to say that !!

NIce of you to help Amy

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

smile  Also - our Admin has stated that there should NOT be any advertisement pop-ups that are coming from Chordie.  It's entirely possible that this has not been configured properly from the location where the ads are coming from.  So, if you are getting pop-up advertisements that start when you visit chordie.com, please contact admin@chordie.com with as much information as possible so that he can try to track down the source and stop these for others that do not have pop up advertising blocked.

A screenshot and the URL of the advertisement would be very helpful!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.