1 (edited by DuskyDee 2016-04-03 23:28:40)

Topic: New to Chordie

Hello Everyone!

There's some interesting people on here I look forward to meeting!

I am a singer songwriter, guitarist from the UK, living near Chicago. I hope to get out with my country blues band when I can complete the line-up. A little encouragement would be fabulous though as no-one knows me in this country as yet.

I have around 40 original songs to record and only have a few of them down, the better ones have not even had any other input than mine as yet.  I hope to work on them soon but I'm going through a trying time with my health just now.

Oh, and I was a professional back in England, luckily popular back then too! If you have time and can visit my music site, I hope you'll like what you hear:  www.mamadevilleband.com

Re: New to Chordie

DuskyDee wrote:

Hello MEKIDSMUM!

Thanks for your info on the Smileys!

I'm writing here about the female singers of which you are starting to post. Would you care to post one of my original songs? If you like it of course! I am a singer songwriter, guitarist from the UK, living near Chicago. I hope to get out with my country blues band when I can complete the line-up. A little encouragement would be fabulous though as no-one knows me in this country as yet.

Please delete my website URL from this post if it's not allowed, but I wanted to ask if you would be interested to post my song;  Seventeen Times here? I can try and send you an email with the song attachment, or it can be found in my website.

I have around 40 original songs, the better ones are not even recorded as yet, but I hope to do so very soon. I'm just going through a trying time with my health just now.

Anyway, hope you like what you hear. Oh, and I was a professional back in England, luckily very popular back then too!
www.mamadevilleband.com

Hi!  Welcome to the Chordie forums!  smile  While it's entirely possible that some of your songs could be featured in the "Thursday's Quirky Singer-Songwriters" thread in the future, at the moment I'm just starting that thread out...

In the meantime, feel free to post links to your music in the My Local Band and Me section of the forums here: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=14  - and if you have originals that you'd like to post lyrics and chords to for others to try to play (along with a link to a recording if you wish) feel free to post that information in the songwriting section of the forums.  smile  There's a lot of great people here on the Chordie Forums who are always interested in hearing what others are doing, getting tips and suggestions, as well as providing support to others.  The site is visited by folks from around the world (as you'll see in the Chat Corner stickied thread here: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28404) - so you're in good hands coming from the UK into the US!  wink  As your reply to this thread sounds a bit more like an INTRO - we'll move it over to the Chat section of the forums so everyone else can welcome you to the forums as well!  smile 

Welcome!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Welcome to Chordie Dusky Dee! That's quite a tagline on your website:

"The female equivalent of Elvis, and the animal magnetism of Tina Turner."

We hope you'll pop by Chordie regularly to update us on your adventures. And may you find success in North America as you did in the UK.

Welcome to Chordie

Looking forward to your originals .

Jim

p.s. I agree with TF - That's quite a tagline on your website:

"The female equivalent of Elvis, and the animal magnetism of Tina Turner."

sounds intriguing !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Welcome.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude