Topic: EXTRA! EXTRA! Roger Calls My Wife And Doesn't Ask To Speak To ME!!! :)

Yep, that's right, friends and neighbors! It happened just minutes ago while I was working on my Home Theater System --- I heard my wife's voice pitch upward a notch or two as if she were happy to hear from someone, but I just continued working thinking it was someone local ---- but nooooooo! It was that "sneak" Roger calling to speak to Dondra and her alone!!! ;)

:) :) :) Of course you know I'm only kidding with you, my friend, but both of us appreciate your telephone call and your concern for the both of us. "She Who Must Be Obeyed" was thrilled to get a call all the way from Portugal from our friend who, along with all of the rest of you Chordians have come to mean so much to us! Every day I see a smile on that pretty face is another day we've managed to keep her illness at bay and you (Roger) and the rest of the "Family" have certainly stepped up more times than anyone should be asked to and we appreciate it SO MUCH!

Dondra says good night to you, my friend and good night to all your "babies" as well. I say I'm very grateful to have such caring and loving friends to be with me when I need them!

Love Y'all

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: EXTRA! EXTRA! Roger Calls My Wife And Doesn't Ask To Speak To ME!!! :)

I am glad he gave you a call.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Women do seem to find Roger charming.  All that sincerity, friendliness, thoughtfulness, and optimism I guess. 

Nah.  Probably just the accent.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

You should call his house and ask to speak to the cats and then not talk to him. Just to show him how it feels.

That is awesome!!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I know, isn't it? Not even my family and friends in Germany call to check on her. It would be nice to hear a voice from over there, but all we get is e-mails. Thanks again, Roger you and the "Family"..... well, there's just no comparison.

Your Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Baldguitardude wrote:

You should call his house and ask to speak to the cats and then not talk to him. Just to show him how it feels.

Heh-heh! I wonder if the kitties meow in a Portuguese or British accent? smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:

Heh-heh! I wonder if the kitties meow in a Portuguese or British accent? smile

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_2082.gif
That right there is some seriously "Funny Ha Ha!"  wink  (inside joke with Roger)

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

So heart warming, well done Roger.  I think the Mr Nice Guy title 2016 should go to.......

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

...but I did enquire as to how you were and I was not told that you were there!!!!

I was told that you were looking after her well though big_smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I enjoy teasing her that you are her "boyfriend" living in Portugal and it always brings a smile and a blush to her face when I say that. I guess you can tell there is not a hint of jealousy in either one of us, so I didn't mind at all that  you and I didn't speak this time. I am sure there'll be other opportunities.

The important thing is that you cared enough to call and check on her/us, and that just thrills both of us to no end.

Also, right now, Doug and I are spending time on the phone and e-mail trying to solve this Home Theater problem of mine. What makes it so difficult in not the amount of wiring, but where it goes. We're dealing with a donated older model Home Theater system, so Doug has been a godsend to me due to my short-term memory problem. I have made so many notes about what to hook up where I have to number them (the notes). Doug deserves a medal for his boundless patience and has already earned my gratitude for hanging in there with me.

Anyway, these two instances as well as the music for my wife are just a few of the examples if why I consider us a family of which I am proud to be a member.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass