Topic: Well, Dondra Wants To Request.....

....... that The Gray One do the old blues tune "Little Red Rooster" and he doesn't have to sound like Mick. She just likes the way the song moves and hates the way I play and sing it. What can I say? smile If there's a better player/singer than me, then by all means rock it, Grah1!!! smile

Oh she says to tell you there's no deadline. Just whenever you get a chance and if you don't, don't worry - she'll just have to suffer through my version! wink

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Well, Dondra Wants To Request.....

Hey Bill I have a vid  of three of us from GB blues band playing this about 5  years ago I'll post a link later

Awesome, man! Thank you! smile

Bill on behalf of "She Who Must Be Obeyed" wink

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Had  a  quick  look  Bill it  must  be  on my    external  drive  I  will  find  it  as soon as  I can  its  a  good  vid .

While I find   the  bands  version  I  hope this  little  recording  will  suffice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBje0ELO1Bo

Grah1 wrote:

While I find   the  bands  version  I  hope this  little  recording  will  suffice

NICELY done!  And... that was really nice of you!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Graham

That was awesome man !!

Great rendition - love the resonator sound.

and ditto = that was awfully nice of you !   We all owe you a lot for all the kindness you shown to us in a variety of ways !

Thanks for sharing 

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

WHAT???!!!! You actually got your resonator, sat down and played that TODAY???!!!!!

Comment left on the Tube, but we both also wanted to send you our heartfelt thanks for doing this for Dondra. You brought a huge smile forth on her pretty face, Gray One.

We're still listening to it from YT down here in Georgia. Expect the cops any minute!

THANKS AGAIN, GRAHAM!!!!! (sorry for the caps, but we're excited!!!!!)

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Okay, I just rolled her in here and she actually SAW (rather than just heard) your song, Graham, and she once again remarked how much you favor Kris Kristofferson ("okay, Bill....from a distance")  and that you're a handsome guy, nice smile  DANG WOMAN!!!! WHAT AM I??? CHOPPED LIVER?????...:) smile .. and that's all I listened to  on the way back to her bedroom. wink smile wink.

Thanks again, my friend for al you do for all of us here.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Its  a  pleasure  to  do  this ,I've  also  found  the  other  vid  now  its  a  rehearsal  clip   with  Lefteris  on bass and  Brian on guitar this  was  the  original  line  up  of  GB Ill  upload it  then you  can see  that  too

A funny, true story about this one: In one of my bands from the 60's, we had learned this one, but the lead singer had a problem with "and the hounds begin to howl".

He would sing "The hounds begin to HOUND".

He never could get it right, so his girlfriend took a piece of posterboard and wrote HOWL on it in big fat letters.

The next gig came up, we launched into "Rooster" and when we got to the part where he was supposed to sing ""HOWL", she held that big sign up right at that point, but even that didn't help.

The audience saw the sign, thought it was meant for them and began howling like a bunch of romantic cats and dogs.

So whenever we played that gig, that sign became a part of our show -- as did the howling. smile

But as for our lead singer  ----- no, he was still singing "hounds begin to HOUND". smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Talking about howling we always used to finish with werewolves of london and wehad two guys in costume whod go through the audience with radio mics getting them to howl .I still have the masks.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/v/t1.0-9/547743_450957148259427_1341419039_n.jpg?oh=1c0404af29da36b90c80d59a0c793300&oe=57BC20FB

14 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-04-16 21:53:38)

HOLY COW!!!!! VERY nice!

That's a cool one do go out on, Grah (Especially at Hallowe'en), so this would go out over the air, right? smile smile smile

Could you provide a link to the GBIII version of "Rooster" for us, please? I searched for it, but can't bring it up.

Thanks!!!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Just uploading   it  to  you  tube  now  Bill  I  can only  find  the  rehearsal   vid  though  but  its  good  fun. it  will  be  on in about   1/2   an hour

Ah! Sorry, Graham. Didn't mean to rush ya'. smile

Bil

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

No  rush Bill its  you  tube   that's  slow  for  some  reason the  vids  on my  lap top  take  longer than  the  one  from my  phone  to  load , 11mins  to  go... lol

We'll crank this one as well. While we both wait, check out my latest post in Chordie Chat. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYQxFlbXibY
hope you  like  it  .

LOVED it! And comments left for you. We appreciate your spending your afternoon with us and posting the song for Dondra as well as having a little fun on YT, Grah1.

You and all our family here, totally....... ROCK!!!!! smile

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Grah1 wrote:

Cool!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude