Topic: Can Anyone Here Convert An RTF File To MP4 For Me?

Hey Folks

I thought I had my song, "Broken Cover" stored on my computer, but all it is - is an RTF (rich text file) and I have no idea what to do to convert it to an mp4 file so I can upload it to YouTube and maybe get Jim to add some images for me, but after 3 times trying I'm still clueless.

Can someone help me, please?

Thanks,

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Can Anyone Here Convert An RTF File To MP4 For Me?

Sorry Bill, but as you said, the file is RTF which is a text document not a sound file.  Your windows word application should be able to open it although some formatting will likely be changed (perhaps the chords won't align exactly to the words) but then you can save it as a .doc file.  Then all you have to do is have someone perform it and record it in .wav or MP3..... Then you can upload it.

Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hey Doug

Weeeelllll, I don't have WORD. Never downloaded it years ago because I didn't buy it. smile Dondra still has the disc, but it's been so long, she says, that my computer won't run it now.

Phill performed it for me and it's on SoundCloud, so I guess that will have to do. smile

Thanks, my friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

sad  RTF ... rich text file - that's just like, words and stuff.  Sounds like you might have it in some other version somehow, since you believe you've got a recorded version???

Is it possible someone emailed a sound recording to you, and you just need to dig through old emails to find the actual recording and download it to the computer?  Perhaps you can convince Phill to send you a new email with the sound file.  He's a pretty nice guy, and I bet he would do that for ya!

OR - do you need to actually open up that text file containing all the words, somehow?  an RTF file will NOT Have a sound file include inside it.  But, if you need a word processing program, I can direct you to an open source program that is a very nice alternative to Microsoft's suite of word/spreadsheet/database/powerpoint -- It's called Open Office.  Open Source means that it's FREE to download.  I don't do a lot of word processing on my computer, but when I do, this is what I use.  This page will give you more information about it: https://www.openoffice.org/product/index.html  And you can download it by clicking on their download links here:  https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

You know what Bill?  I have an idea... drop me an email, or I'll send one to you later on if I can remember.  I might just have an idea that will help you out, assuming you've got a decent internet connection.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

hi bill, just searched through my mp3's and i found broken cover ...gone! i don't know why but i'll keep searching and send it again, or if you prefer (if jim is willing) i'll send it to him for his video talents.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

hi bill, found it. i'll send you a copy and one for jim.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill or Bill

Can you please send me the lyrics.

Thanks

jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

8 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-04-18 00:15:22)

Jim On the way asap. I just noticed: Both mine and Phill's names sound the same. Must be because my friend in the Land of Song is my ............. EVIL TWIN!!!!!. Bwahahahahahahaha!  wink

Excuse me. Went a little off the rails there, as it were. wink

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass