Topic: THANK YOU, DOUG

I am sorry for all the caps up there, but after I explain, I'm sure you will all agree it's warranted.

A couple of nights ago I got hold of something which caused my W7 OS not to launch. I did everything I knew to do: googled, tried to reinstall, tried to boot through SAFE mode ------ NOTHING worked!

Out of desperation I called our friend Doug who was kind enough to walk me through all kinds of fixes just as he helped me last week with my old home theater system (still need to pick up that coax cable next week! smile  ) and tonight Doug got my old (10 years old) machine running again and I can't thank him enough for his kindness and patience with me.

I was ready to tear my hair out because I couldn't check mail, check in here and play Warcraft!

This is exactly why all of you are considered my family. You're always there with that supporting hand, whether it be comfort, musical assistance and/or what Doug did for me tonight.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart, my friend.

I am so very fortunate there are folks like you here and I will never forget it.

Your Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: THANK YOU, DOUG

Awwww Shucks !!   

Good to have you back.  You are Very Welcome......
You got my number, anytime, for any reason.

You and Dondra have a Good Night.
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

KUDOS DOUG!!!!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Well done, sir!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I forgot to add Doug's son, Devan (great Irish name, that smile  ) for also helping to explain some of the terminology I was not keen on. It's evident that the old saying is true for this great family: The apple surely does not fall far from the tree. Thanks to both of you.

Bill (and Dondra adds a thanks of her own for stopping the pacing and muttering under my breath! smile  )

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

I am still grasping at the fact you still play WOW! LOLOL smile  D you play COD  or GTA online too?  you may have played my kids in anything other than WOW.  but you probably play my old navy chief and his wife LOL 

Whenever he would get in my rear about something, I would just say " So I heard from the guys your mage got killed"  or some bs along those lines, Then I would have to listen to him for an hour, but it was better than the butt chewing LOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)