Topic: A simple request

Hello all fellow Chordie forumites, I have a song that I have been trying to figure out for a while, all i need is a few chords from the beginning and end (everything else was easy for me); Sadly i am not yet proficient enough to figure out what these chords are myself.
Any and all help is appreciated!

The song is called "Calm and Drowning",  and is by Souls in Chains

Re: A simple request

hi d-cal i found lyrics on www,tabcrawler.com and a video which was'nt much help cos it did'nt show the chords played.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Thanks for the try man, I was just hopin someone could at least be able to figure what type of chords they played (like, a, e, etc) and I could narrow it down if i had to. I guess I'll keep searchin. hmm

If anyone wants to have a go at this, here is a link to the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJhZ3k_04U

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

5 (edited by Russell_Harding 2016-01-19 14:03:16)

This is so easy I cant believe you needed help but here it is | C#m | B  | A  |//B | an repeats (C# is also called Db) but keep in mind the 4th bar has 2 beats on A and 2 beats on B and the progression repeats over and over. I cannot put a repeat [ : ] sign at the end and beginning of the phrase it turns into a smiley face lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thank you very much Russel for your help, I can now (hopefully) finish the song!
I have to respond to what what you said:

Russell_Harding wrote:

This is so easy I cant believe you needed help but here it is...

That's why I titled this topic: "A simple request", and as I said right at the beginning,

D-Cal wrote:

I am not yet proficient enough to figure out what these chords are myself.

that is mainly my fault cause of my laziness, but also because of my life's path; I am working on becoming better as a guitarist.

Again thank you all for your help!

D-Cal, sorry I phrased my answer before thinking about what you initially posted my bad sad  if the key is to high or low I can show you a work around(transposition) I used all bar chords to play along to the song but if your just starting out these may be a little challenging you may want to use a chord chart to find open positions good luck on the song smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

It's OK man, I understand and besides, the internet doesn't always do the best job conveying emotion anyway, and thanks, I  have to work on it first before i can know if i need any transposition help.
I will take you up on the offer though if need be; I'm not really just starting, i've been "playing" for ~3 or 4 years, actually playing for about 2, and playing seriously for 1 year, I can play a decent amount and a happy i can challenge myself with more bar chords.

Russell_Harding wrote:

You may want to use a chord chart to find open positions good luck on the song smile

Thank you!

So Ive been working n this song and tryin a bunch of things, but these chords don't sound right, No offence, I'm not blaming anyone; but I do have to say that I think from my recent playing and listening it sounds like the chords stem directly off of the non-chord playing in most of the song that takes place on the b and high e strings. I forget the actual notes, but I can find out hopefully tomorrow and list em here.

Also If you guys have any tips or things on how i could possibly  learn how to find/figure out chords on my own based on what you may have one, that would be cool.

D-Cal wrote:

I can find out hopefully tomorrow and list em here.

The notes i was mentioning yesterday that the chords sound like they stem off of are open b string, e (fret 5) and f# (fret 7); and open high e string.

I just emailed you tabs. There are some color tones going on in the guitar line that are probably throwing you off.

Thanks very much man, I recieved and will try them smile

D-Cal
Sometimes I just take the lyrics of some song I like and just throw my own chords and feel to it. It can be a lot of fun and sometimes it can work out. That is why Joe Cocker was well liked because he did other people songs his way. Little Help From My Friends.Compare the Beatles version to his version.

14 (edited by D-Cal 2017-05-01 03:20:51)

HEY everybody! Just wanted to say that i figured out the chords i was having trouble with, quite by accident

Peatle Jville wrote:

D-Cal
... just throw my own chords and feel to it. It can be a lot of fun and sometimes it can work out.

I kinda did this, did similar chords to another song i know, then when they sounded almost right i modified them and huzzah!
Thank you for you help guys, i doubt i could have figured it out without your help