Re: Bug Reporting

Tenement Funster wrote:

Have also been having LOGIN issues for the past few days. It comes up with a message, something to the effect:

"You appear to have logged in successfully, however a cookie has not been set. Please check your settings and retry."

I can't quote it exactly, and can't "copy & paste", or I wouldn't be able to post. smile I use Google Chrome, and have my settings to allow cookies from Chordie. Is it a bug with Chordie, or am I doing something wrong in my settings?

I'm just now going through a few of these threads... and saw this one.  The handling of cookies has changed recently.  If anyone is experiencing this, you'll need to clear your cookies.  Generally clearing your cache will also clear out your cookies, however, just a simple clearing of cookies should do the trick.  Then, you'll get NEW cookies and can eat till your stuffed because internet cookies contain ZERO Calories (that's a joke, seriously though, you'll be able to log in properly)!  I'm replying to this one in particular as anyone experiencing this may possibly not be able to come to the forums to tell us about it and may be reading this all the same.

Here's a Wiki Article for you all about clearing cookies: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cookies

Tom and Roger wrote:

This evening I tried to select a variation of a chord in one of my selected songs but was unable to do so. I could view variations of the chords but could'nt change them. I tried it on several songs with the same result.  Am I missing something or can this no longer be done?

It works fine for me Tom. Try clearing your cookies then, when you log into Chordie, hold down the 'shift' button and press the 'refresh' icon a couple of times.
Please let me know the result.

Roger, I'm seeing the same thing. Basically, when in a song I hit the chord grid to see alternate ways to form the chord, however cannot choose one of the alternates to show in the song itself.  Honestly, I can't recall if this was a working function in the past or not though?  For some reason, I don't think it was... however because Tom is asking, it sounds like it may have been! I do think it would be a cool feature to have.  Roger, are you able to get a different chord grid to show on a song?

Hi All
Firstly thanks to all who gave their time in making the new site.
A couple of things, the font button doesn't work for me and all the songs (apart from my songbooks) are in chordpro format, anyone else found this?
Thanks

You may need to clear out your cache.  It sounds like you're possibly viewing a saved version of the page rather than the updated version.  This was happening at first, but was fixed.  Please try that, and let us know if it's working after.  Make sure your browser is up to date as well!  smile
How to clear Cache: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

Thank you for running this site. The new format looks great.
One thing I do miss, is when I go to print.  I used to be directed to a page where I could preview the format. eg: look for line wraps, problems with the cord chart placement, page breaks mid verse or on the last line of the song.  I seem to have lost my way to that.

The options to change the way pages are printed was removed from the website.  However, you should still be able to make similar changes by utilizing the capabilities in your printer software.  When you hit the print button, a print dialog should come up.  From here, you probably just usually hit "ok" (or print) and start printing.  Instead of hitting "ok", look for a button such as "preferences" or "advanced" (it's usually right next to the name of your printer selected).  Once you're into the next screen, you should see an option to choose PRINT PREVIEW.  You'll want to check that!  smile  This is also where you would be able to choose to print 2 copies per page, print front and back (if your printer has the duplex capabilities), choose to print a fast draft (utilizing less ink), etc.  When done, hit SAVE or OK and you'll be taken back to the FIRST print dialog box that came up.  Now you can hit OK (or print).  You should see a print preview come up on this page, and the ability to change a few things (like printer margins and such) and then PRINT or CANCEL.  Once you hit print from here, your paper will start printing.  You can always cancel, and then change the font size on the webpage and start the print process over if you need to. smile  If you need more help with your specific printer software, I suggest visiting the manufacturer's website.  Or, I'll be happy to lead you in the right direction if you can provide the make and model number of your printer.  smile

JOE - I see the weird line is back.  I'm going to give it a bit to see if it clears up -  It could be a minor display tweak made recently.  Annoying, but least of the worries no doubt. I use the function all the time too!  COMMENT ERRORS: I noticed the error regarding comments only in SOME songs, but not all.  Are you having this issue only with songs saved in your songbook?  See below for an example song to use.

CHORDPRO ISSUES IMPORTING TO SONGBOOK/ONSONG APPS - Our admin is looking into this, however please understand that our admin does not work directly with the app makers, nor do they communicate directly with him, so it is difficult for him to determine the exact cause of the import function no longer working on their app with our pages.  This may be an issue with the app.  It may be something that can be changed by our admin on Chordie.com. However, without inside knowledge of what their import button is looking for and apparently missing, this can take some time.  Generally speaking, you should be able to view the chordpro version of a song page (IF it exists), copy the text with all formatting, and paste it into a new file within your apps to create the new song if their built in import button isn't working. You may wish to write into them and advise the issues you are having.  Should they wish to do so, they are welcome to contact our admin at admin@chordie.com - if there's something missing from our pages that our admin can add, they should be able to tell us what it is for a quicker fix!  smile

Example of What a Song Page SHOULD look like:

Below is a perfect example of a song that actually has proper formatting on the original page where the song is indexed from, and hosted.  Anyone getting ANY type of errors with song formatting, changing views, seeing chordpro, making comments, etc...  should refer to this song.  Everything should work as expected here:

Properly formatting song example: http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/getso … age.chopro
The song is hosted here in it's original chordpro format: http://getsome.org/guitar/olga/chordpro … age.chopro

If you find other songs don't display the same as this one, then it's likely an issue with the formatting of the song from where it's originally hosted (and really nothing Chordie can do, but to display a better version of the song for you from a different location, but we could use your help finding them!)

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

52 (edited by jpfitz8 2016-03-10 04:24:43)

I have loved using this site for some time, and want to love the new version but can't seem to get past log in issues.  Seems to be a similar problem as a couple other folks but I didn't see a user directed fix so here goes...

I click on "my songbook" and log in on the link provided.  It appears to log me in, as my user name appears in the upper right corner, but I get the following message...
My Songbook
The songbook is your personal collection of guitar chords and guitar tabs.

After you have added the songs to the songbook, you can edit the songs to correct errors. You can also print the songs as a high quality booklet.

To use the songbook you need to log in. It is free to register.

so I log in again and I'm sent to the forum logged in.  I click the "my songbook" link and the cycle starts all over. 

This occurred before and after deleting cookies and ensuring that the correct version of java is installed. I should have three songbooks from the previous version of chordie.  Can you help?  Thanks.

Joe

jpfitz8 wrote:

I have loved using this site for some time, and want to love the new version but can't seem to get past log in issues.  Seems to be a similar problem as a couple other folks but I didn't see a user directed fix so here goes...

I click on "my songbook" and log in on the link provided.  It appears to log me in, as my user name appears in the upper right corner, but I get the following message...
My Songbook
The songbook is your personal collection of guitar chords and guitar tabs.

After you have added the songs to the songbook, you can edit the songs to correct errors. You can also print the songs as a high quality booklet.

To use the songbook you need to log in. It is free to register.

so I log in again and I'm sent to the forum logged in.  I click the "my songbook" link and the cycle starts all over. 

This occurred before and after deleting cookies and ensuring that the correct version of java is installed. I should have three songbooks from the previous version of chordie.  Can you help?  Thanks.

Joe

Sorry!  I'm just seeing this now.  Please view this thread/post if you're still having these issues:  http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic. … 15#p170815 
Once I get a report from you, I can take a closer look and try to help you further!  smile

54 (edited by Grah1 2016-03-28 13:32:16)

Roger I  just  had  a  message  telling me I  don't have  permission to   access   new topics .
when I  click  it    tells  me  I'm logged  out , the active  topics  link  allowed  me on .

Hello Roger Guppy,

Yes it is "AdSense" auto running their (Java?) scripts and "reloading" a new ad every 10 or 15 seconds.  This causes the page to reload even though my settings has Autorun toggled "Off" .
Some of these "ads" are also videos which will load entirely before playing.

Again Thank You.

wrtallman wrote:

Hello Roger Guppy,

Yes it is "AdSense" auto running their (Java?) scripts and "reloading" a new ad every 10 or 15 seconds.  This causes the page to reload even though my settings has Autorun toggled "Off" .
Some of these "ads" are also videos which will load entirely before playing.

Again Thank You.

Hi there!  I am going to send you an email to try to determine what is causing the issue and help out.  What you're reporting seems odd, as ad sense ads generally do not have videos and they do not circulate once on a page to cause a page reload.