Topic: Ever Had One Of Those Mornin's?

Been looking for this one for YEARS, boys and girls and I wanted to share it with anyone who loves the music of The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Oh, I know there are literally hundreds of their tunes I could have chosen, but I just happened to like this one! smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V8s0fZcPlo

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

2 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-05-11 04:01:41)

Re: Ever Had One Of Those Mornin's?

Okay, okay, OKAY!...... you don't have to hit me over the head with the fact that the last NG Dirt Band tune was a bit scratchy, so how about this one? Especially for those of you who like Spider John McEuen's style of banjo......  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVUHWFY0w1Y
I heard this one in the grocery store today.......

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I remember many years ago walking into my local record store and asking for, Some of Shelly's Blues by the NGDB. The shop owner refused to believe such a record or even the band existed. Eventually I persuaded him to order it for me. I did get the record although I'm not sure if it ever made the charts over this side of the pond. Incidentally,  I was one of the first songs I learned to play on guitar, and still enjoy having a strum along to it today.
Nice one Bill

Thick as two short planks

I forgot about these two gems. NGDB one of my all time favorite bands. They just celebrated 50 years together. Thanks Bill.

Joe

5 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-05-11 13:49:58)

Pleasure, my friends. smile That "Video Tape" song - as far as I know - never got released on a cd, but I've always loved it. As you know, "Some of Shelly's Blues" is an original Mike Nesmith (Monkees) tune. Beautiful songs, both of them and I'm ready for that 50 year compilation if you are, Joe. smile

keepit: That shop owner come from the planet Mars????? smile smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass