Topic: COILS HUMBUCKERS

I tried already a lot of things to find "original 1968 Gibson Les Paul Custom humbuckers".
What happened. Because I had already a Les Paul Custom (1976, I think), and having in lmy hands the BLACK Beauty, only equipped with 2 humbuckers and not 3, it was I think the first year they started to produce them again, meaning that this is a guitar can be considered as a "moneymaker"
Normally I didn't expect 1 problem. They started with replacing the neck humbucker by a P-94, = P-90, but is a little bit larger to fit in the hole after removing the original humbucker.
There is now since months the GIBSON Les Paul BFG, having a single neck coil, and a humbucker on the bridge. The sound this guitar produced, S-H, was also in the shop, never heard before. Most of the co workers, including me, preferred this structure. No harm done, you get your old humbuckers back. Having a guitar playing friend visiting me, I asked him to change the bridge P-94 back to the original humbucker to have that sound again.
My in that time already ex-girlfriend, threw the box containing the original humbuckers probably away. In 1968 there were TWO different "black Beauty" reissues, a 1954 with SINGLE COILS but P-90, and another 1957 model I think, having 2 Humbuckers. Those reissues are in the BLUE BOOK of ELECTRIC guitars in 2006!! both worth: 6000$, and far more, up to 10.000$. I am a lucky bastard, having the opportunity to buy this HUMBUCKER 1968 reissue for just the fraction of the price, including also a 1964 all original US fender stratocaster (both 4000$).
I am convinced that when selling the "black beauty", I will still have probably 5000$, instead of 2,5 times more.
THIS AGAIN ONE FOR MY FRIEND BOOTLEGER: what can I do. I still hope to find these humbuckers in their box on the attic, I can not go up there due to physical problems, and at first I even wanted not writing this topic, because I am blessed with a fantastic collection, and most of us have to do overtime to afford a more expensive guitar.
IT IS THE QUESTION that can help a lot of others with a single coil, or humbucking problem.
You know, boot, that I like you a lot for giving extremely good tips and tricks, so I hope that youi can have a solution, even the fact that I WILL NOT selling the guitar. I can maybe change the 76 humbuckers on my black, and the P-94 on the reddish custom, but when you sell a guitar, that expensive, it is like lying and cheating, and professional music players, stores they check it out.
THE GUITAR PLAYS LIKE HELL, should be with the "so called" original 1954 reissue with these 2 single coils. WHERE CAN I FIND, and what will be the cost, TO HAVE THE ORIGINAL 1957-58 reissue humbuckers?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: COILS HUMBUCKERS

Well Phil, it all boils down to economics. you can sell it as is and let someone else worry about finding the original year pickups on ebay or you could stress to find originals. You will not get top dollar for it but I bet someone will give you atlease 85 to 90 percent of the value. It all depends on on you, how do you feel? All or nothing? it's up to you to decide.

Bootlegger.