Topic: LAYOFFS at CHLOROPHYLL INC.

Needed a fleece jacket on to enjoy this morning's coffee on the deck, but the amazing colors of our Fall leaves were worth the effort. Some scientist was on the radio a while back explaining why leaves change from green to colors in the Fall, and it reminded me of a factory going through a seasonal production cycle:

LAYOFFS at CHLOROPHYLL INC.

A seasonal energy crisis is approaching,
With reduced production encroaching,
The green of activity now subsides,
The colors of dormancy now override,
But there's no complaint, no sorrow at all,
It's the autumn cycle we refer to as Fall.

Botanists say shorter days cause the reduction,
Chlorophyll needs the sunlight for production,
Solar-produced sugar is needed no longer,
A summer of growth has made the trees stronger,
A well-deserved rest, into slumber they sink,
The layoffs are done at Chlorophyll Inc.

It's a marvel how trees are so well conceived,
In step with all nature, I firmly believe,
An intricate part of an intricate plan,
Needing no stimulus from mere mortal man,
Another natural wonder, that makes me think,
I wonder who's in charge of Chlorophyll Inc.?

Re: LAYOFFS at CHLOROPHYLL INC.

Oh, Man! I LOVE this! Is it okay to say it reminds me of Dire Straits' "Industrial Disease"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STMh9xCdzr8

Is there somewhere that you can submit this, TF, because it is definitely "Eco Magazine" worthy.

And as a song, I think only you can do it justice.

Very righteous, my friend! VERY righteous! (that's as high a compliment I give: "righteous". smile  )

Your friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

3 (edited by easybeat 2015-10-26 22:20:35)

Congratulations,this is SOOOOO clever.

The King Of Audio Torture

TF

Outrageously fantastic !!

Love it - make it a song man - schools across the world would use in classes !!
Way to go !!

JK

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks for the kind words!

Don't know how I missed this one, but it's awesome.  Reminds me of something the late John Denver may sing. Perhaps as spring is upon us you could do a follow up.

Thick as two short planks

Great  observations very well  done .

TF ..... awesome .... well done.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

keepitreal wrote:

Don't know how I missed this one, but it's awesome.  Reminds me of something the late John Denver may sing. Perhaps as spring is upon us you could do a follow up.

That's an awesome idea, KIR! I'm going to tuck this idea away until our leaves start to come out, and I'm enjoying my first early morning coffee on the deck. That's usually early-May in our climate. There should be lots of sights, smells, and sounds to work with.

Great suggestion ... I'm excited!

Tenement Funster wrote:
keepitreal wrote:

That's an awesome idea, KIR! I'm going to tuck this idea away until our leaves start to come out, and I'm enjoying my first early morning coffee on the deck. That's usually early-May in our climate. There should be lots of sights, smells, and sounds to work with.

Great suggestion ... I'm excited!

So I sat on the deck during sun-up yesterday, listening to all of the birds, taking in the smells, etc. ... looking for inspiration to complete the second part of this poem. And it's like my head was full of chicken noodle soup ... nothing. Poetry should just flow, 'cause when I try to write something, it's horridly awful. Eventually ...

http://racheldemeter.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/block-of-death.jpg