Topic: New Forum Section

Hopefully you will see that there is now a new section: 'FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH'.

Jandle started this off with a challenge for Members to record a song and post it for comparison of different styles, voices and interpretation. Unclejoesband then suggested that this deserved it's own section and now it is here, - Jandle and Unclejoesband's new baby.

Obviously we wanted Jan involved in it so you will see is now a Moderator there along with Joe and Amy. I hope many of you will participate in suggestions for songs and with submitting recordings. Remember, it is not a competition, it is a comparison, so don't be shy. give it a go.

Lastly I would like to welcome Jan to the team as she is only the second lady to become a Moderator here. (I hope you like pickles Jan lol).

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: New Forum Section

shouldn't there be a title to go along with the new position????? just plain moderator will never do. of course Jan should have no say so what so ever in this . just saying

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Welcome to the team Jan

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

mojo01 wrote:

shouldn't there be a title to go along with the new position????? just plain moderator will never do. of course Jan should have no say so what so ever in this . just saying

The one problem with your idea is that a Moderator is able to change his/her own title. Mind you there is nothing to stop you suggesting one for her, but she has the power to accept or decline. big_smile

Roger

Hi all,  thanks for the welcome, I only just found this thread tonight, must have missed it on my travels around Chordie.  I love the idea of a nick name for me, I have been racking my brain trying to think of one.  Suggestions? I will also continue to try and think of one, so far all the ones i have thought of seem very lame lol

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

The Middle Earth Moderator.
Moderator from the Shire.
The One Ring Moderator.
Personal Moderator to Gandalf.
Galadriel's Moderator.

I am not really a L.O.T.R nut (well yes I am lol)

Roger

7 (edited by Baldguitardude 2016-05-26 16:24:50)

Ukerator.

or Yookerator.

Roger Guppy wrote:

The Middle Earth Moderator.

I like it!

Gimli wrote:

Give your name horsemaster, and I shall give you mine

Eomer wrote:

I would cut of your head.....Dwarf,  if stood but a little higher from the ground.

Yeah, I'm a LOTR geek too.  smile

The Golden Voiced Tui Moderator

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

It is wonderful to have a  talented New Zealand, Wahine of Waiata on chordie as a moderator well done Jandle . Wahine is a Maori word for lady and Waiata (why art ah ) is the Maori word for song.

Peatle Jville wrote:

It is wonderful to have a  talented New Zealand, Wahine of Waiata on chordie as a moderator well done Jandle . Wahine is a Maori word for lady and Waiata (why art ah ) is the Maori word for song.

So are you suggesting something like: Waiata Wahine Moderator?

Roger

Wow thank you to everyone for the great idea`s -  great choices and i liked them all!  ..... and i confess i am a bit of a LOTR and Hobbit fan myself smile

After much thought, I decided i am going to stick with the ukulele theme ......................so have narrowed it down to either  ukerator (thanks Baldguitardude) or just ukelady or uke-a-lady moderator ......................

So here it is:   uke-a-lady moderator smile

Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Roger Guppy wrote:
Peatle Jville wrote:

So are you suggesting something like: Waiata Wahine Moderator?

Roger

I think the Uke-A-Lady moderator is the best title it has nice flow to it..  Wahine Waiata doesnt  have a flow to it and wasnt meant as a name sugestion, I was just comenting on it was nice to have a Kiwi moderator. Kiwi is a New Zealand Native bird and also  the word Kiwi is a name for a New Zealander. When New Zealanders and Australians get together we refer to ourselves as Ozzies and Kiwis.  I also know that folks overseas refer to Kiwi Fruit as a Kiwi.

I think the Uke-A-Lady moderator is the best title it has nice flow to it..

Thank you Peatle smile

LOVE your new title Jan!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thank you Amy smile