Topic: it doesn't matter/when i was young

a song about life and how we forget about the things we did when we were kids.

here's the link if you'd like to give a listen....please do

https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/when-i-was-young

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: it doesn't matter/when i was young

Phill - love it!   My mom used to always say to me  " I hope your kids are just like you, because it will be a big payback".  I always tell my kids - do as I say, not as I did!  :0)

Fantastic guitar work and engineering of the mix !  Well done my friend!
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks Jim

I think we've all been there. My oldest whose now in his 40s actually apologised and said he must have been murder as his kids are just like him and a right royal pain.
Thanks for listening.

Phill

Very good Phill some amusing lines in there too ,I especially like the one about maybe its payback for all the cars I stole.

Grah1 wrote:

Very good Phill some amusing lines in there too ,I especially like the one about maybe its payback for all the cars I stole.

Ditto!  Great song smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

I guess there is a certain amount of payback from life or seems to be as we get older.
I now tell myself when I commit a fau paux that I'm going to be paying for that later and I usually do smile
I enjoyed the song Phill.

thanks for the listen guys.

ark, i was watching a clapton concert from 2015 on sky arts when he made a faux paux  like i do all  the time, so i don't feel quite so bad about the many, oh so many mis-placement of digits during gigs (and recordings)

glad you spotted the humour in my words grah, of course i never stole cars nor blow up the school, i call that poetic licence roll

Found you!!! I thought I had been missing your posts, but UJB linked me to the newest work. Commented there and also listened to "Old Friends" again, but I wanted to tell you here that I am having a very difficult time picking a favorite. All your work is great, my friend.! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

hi bill, thanks for that. my favourite is always the one i'm working on, so this is still my fav too as i haven't got time to start on another one lol