Topic: RotoSound Classical Guitar Strings

I had been using the D'Addario ProArte strings on my classical for a couple of years, and decided to try a friends recommendation for the RotoSound "Black & Silver" strings. Wow! They have a bigger voice across the tonal spectrum, and the nylon strings stayed tuned much better than the D'Addarios ever did (had several sets). If you play a nylon-string classical, give these a pluck ... very nice:

http://www.mcculloughpigott.com/201-tm_home_default/rotosound-black-n-silver.jpg

Re: RotoSound Classical Guitar Strings

I will give them a try next time .

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

If I ever get mine back from my brother (sigh, he's not even trying to learn), it'll be due for new strings.  I'll try em out!  It's been a while since I've strung that guitar, and I can't even remember now which strings I liked best.  I think they were the D'Addario Golds though (or maybe I just liked the look of them).  wink 

Considering changing classical strings and going through a break in period again.. with the idea of strings that will stay in tune better... absolutely worth trying!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

With a nylon strung classical guitar I normally leave them tuned to F# or F overnight a couple of times to take the stretch out of them.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

With a nylon strung classical guitar I normally leave them tuned to F# or F overnight a couple of times to take the stretch out of them.

Roger

That's a very good idea, Roger ... never thought of it. Thanks!