Topic: WIN10 UPGRADE

has anyone else been offered the win10 upgrade?
it popped up on my PC yesterday and took 2 hours to down load then another 3 hours to install but only got as far as 80% before it just seemed to freeze. i gave it a few more hours but it never got further than 80% so i stopped it but it is still on my desktop as an app.

could one of our computer savvy members tell me:
1. if i should apply the upgrade
2. is there a way to get it fully applied...so
3. my win10 is working fine so do i need the upgrade?

i would be very grateful for any help

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: WIN10 UPGRADE

It may be done,I think if it is working ok leave it alone.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

let me get this straight..... you already had a functioning Windows 10 on your PC and it tried to install the whole thing again???  At best you should have only needed an update, not an "upgrade".

If that is the case, I would restore the previous version and then check for updates (for drivers, security flaws etc.).  Like Dino I subscribe to that old "if it ain't broke, why fix it" school of thought.  But having said that, you can contact me with more specifics and I'll take it up with our IT staff and see if we can come up with a solution for ya.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanks Dino and Doug, good advice.

It does say that with each upgrade it can only get better? Ya think? Mmmm

As I said it took hours then as if it crashed? Stuck at 80% I thought of leaving it on all night but I got the feeling it would still be in the same place come morning. I had to unplug the PC to get it to stop! When I switched on next morning it said going back to your last....whatever? It did and works fine but the app is still on my desk top but will soon find itself in the bin!!!
Great advice friends many thanks

May all your problems be small ones !!

Cheers!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

ah! you've met my grandchildren?