1 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-07-08 22:42:58)

Topic: Taylor T5 Electric

I got to strum one of these yesterday, and was overwhelmingly impressed with how it felt in the hands. No amp was on site, so I wasn't able to hear how it really sounded. Anyone own one? The MSRP for these things is $3,500 USD, so it'll never live in my house ... but it sure is pretty:

http://www.themusiczoo.com/images/4-02-12/14608_Taylor_T5C1_2012_Tobacco_Sunburst_1111291140_a.jpg

2 (edited by unclejoesband 2016-07-09 10:07:02)

Re: Taylor T5 Electric

Tenement Funster wrote:

The MSRP for these things is $3,500 USD,

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6604.gif I've never paid more than $500 for a guitar.

I did play a Taylor 814 at Guitar Center a couple  years ago but at $4200, it was a tad out of my price range. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_2926.gif And honestly, I wasn't very impressed with the sound or the feel or it. That one is pretty though.

3 (edited by Doug_Smith 2016-07-09 05:43:52)

When the T5 first came out, I was curious and here's the admission.... there was a Taylor Dealer just 10 miles from my door.  A friend of mine owned the store (and honestly after living in the area all these years, EVERY music store owner is a "close personal friend" and I value those friendships), so I wandered over that way and after donning an apron (to protect the finish from buckles, zippers, and rivets) managed to actually play one for about 15 minutes.  Then I handed it back for fear of  staining the finish with drool.

Way out of my league financially, and my skills/talent was not up to fully realizing the potential.  But a far better tool for the job I'll never have, so better on the shelf than being wasted on a stand in my music room.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I own a T5Z just like the one in the picture , I paid a lot less  than retail at a Taylor road show event. still was not cheap and I would not have bought it but my dear wife bought it for me after I kept going back to it after I would try all the other guitars. it sounds great I cant do it justice with my playing but it is easiest playing guitar I have  ever picked up. come on down to Texas I will let you play it all night

out of tune out of key and out of touch

You better keep that wife she sounds great.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

You better keep that wife she sounds great.

be 37 years this month think ill keep her a few more years

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Mojo congrats on the guitar and the wife.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I have a T5 I bought used in Very Good condition. I love it . It has a great slim neck very easy to play. 5 tone selections to get Acoustic, 335,Tele, or Strat sounds. If you get both string saddles you can switch from acoustic strings to electric strings, it's made that way. Switching strings gives you even more tonal changes. Light weight, fun guitar.

Mojo & Tyson ... congrats on owning such a fine guitar! The guy who owns the one I played is a business associate, and he explained about the various sounds it could produce with it's pickup system, and the switchings on the side. And you're right about the neck ... fast and smooth.