Topic: I Found This One For You, "Peatle"

It's Fleetwood Mac from the Peter Green days. I had hoped to find it for you live, but couldn't find a version which had the quality I was looking for.

The first time I heard it (back in the mid-70's) I instinctively knew it needed to be played loudly. Not just because I'm a drummer, but because if you don't, you'll miss some of the nuances of the recording process. For example, in the "Spanish Guitar" segment, one can hear the "compression" (I think that is the term one uses) building and come to the foreground.

Another example of "compression" is at the end of The Beatles'  "A Day In The Life".

At the VERY end, after that "heavy" piano chord which ends the album, if one turns up the volume, one can hear the studio air conditioners running. smile

I also like the "finger swishes" (for want of a better term) one can hear during the recording of a solo classical guitar. I don't know, it just "personalizes" the whole performance for me somehow.

Enjoy,  Pete and let's hear some more of that "J'ville Sound".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjfjO2Y1H4

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: I Found This One For You, "Peatle"

That is a real good track. As a drummer you would appreciate the subtle use of the cow bell. I love that lyric in that song,  Cant help about the shape Im in. I aint pretty and my legs are thin.
Cheers Bill I love it.

Re: I Found This One For You, "Peatle"

i have nt heard this track for a long time and i don't think i've ever heard this "full" version. i have a greatest hits CD but that must include the single version. the single version if you remember had the vocal part on the A side and the instrumental on the B side which faded out after a minute or so.

first thing i noticed (as i listened through headphones) was how much mick fleetwood's drumming style had changed between the 60's and when "rumours" came out.

nice choice bill, thanks

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.