Topic: Rugby!!!

Looks like usa will be playing the all blacks wed the 6th, hope we have a chance!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Rugby!!!

fingers crossed, i'm with you guys all the way. i'm also rooting for the all blacks too (don't want to alienate anyone)

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

That will be a good match.... But the All Blacks are THE Team in pro Rugby, so I'm expecting we'll get a proper "stuffing"!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

come on now....the US held it's own pretty well in the world cup. anyway with rugby it's a good match rather than the win

Does anyone actually understand the rules anyway? Just make sure theirs plenty of beer before, during and after the game and enjoy.

Thick as two short planks

The  all blacks are an awesome team I will enjoy this win or lose, lots of beer!!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

keepitreal wrote:

Does anyone actually understand the rules anyway? Just make sure theirs plenty of beer before, during and after the game and enjoy.

Haha!  It's actually pretty simple.   Imagine American football prior to the year 1906 (when the forward pass became legal) and the only kind of tackle you can make is an arm tackle.    That's effectively rugby.   Move the line forward via a series of laterals.  Rather than a line and snap, they have a scrum.

The Americans are gonna get killed, I think.  The All Blacks pull the best in the world from all over the world.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:
keepitreal wrote:

Haha!  It's actually pretty simple.   Imagine American football prior to the year 1906 (when the forward pass became legal) and the only kind of tackle you can make is an arm tackle.    That's effectively rugby.   Move the line forward via a series of laterals.  Rather than a line and snap, they have a scrum.

The Americans are gonna get killed, I think.  The All Blacks pull the best in the world from all over the world.

That's really interesting .

I wouldn't want to be in a bar with the winning (or losing) team's  questioning a referee's ruling.

Unless I didn't need my neck anymore. ("And SNAP! You have a scrum!}

Only saying, having seen some of those guys before and not knowing what a "scrum" is and all.....

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

I wouldn't want to be in a bar with the winning (or losing) team's  questioning a referee's ruling.

Unless I didn't need my neck anymore. ("And SNAP! You have a scrum!}

Only saying, having seen some of those guys before and not knowing what a "scrum" is and all.....

Bill

Evil!!!

Scrum!

http://www.brandproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/rugby-scrum.jpg

It's pretty impressive when two good teams are at it.  The ref rolls the ball under it, and whoever gets the ball gets the try.  The All Blacks were so good at it, they actually changed the rules to adjust for it.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I have watched RUGBY for the last few years and I love it. The All blacks are a great team.

CONGRATS USA ON A GREAT WIN IN THE 7's.

Jerome, sorry have to correct you, it's not the ref that put the ball in at the scrum it's the centre half of the team that has the advantage if for example the opposing team have made an infringement of some kind. I wont go too deeply into the rules.
As for "forward passing" that's an infringement, as is the off side rule, a player mustn't be ahead of the ball. Big difference with rugby and American rules is to score a "touch down" you have to actually touch the ball down within the score line and the dead ball line, and your hand must be on the ball! When I played 50 years ago, if you  fumbled the ball eg; it bounced or it hit the ground before you touched it, the try wouldn't be allowed. It is still a great game and the bodies on the players now....Greek gods

Phill some great games out there I am slowely learning more rules of the game.

As we say over here GO THE ALL BLACKS!!!!! smile
See the link to see the result of years of rugby scrums ........ good old Cauliflower ears............. back in the day all forwards had cauliflour ears, these days they tend to tape them up so as to prevent as much damage as possible.    http://emtutorials.com/wp-content/uploa … er-ear.jpg

Have to point out though to the comment that whoever gets the ball from the scrum gets the try ......... NOT always and NOT necessarily smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

16 (edited by dino48 2016-08-11 17:57:19)

Hi Jandleits good to see a lady in the sports area,thats a scary looking ear you put up of the player.

Thanks dino48 smile............ yep and if you google "cauliflour ears rugby" you will see all sorts of ears ruined from rugby ...... just turned into cauliflour ears.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan