1 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-09-24 19:50:15)

Topic: Moments In The Sun

I think this song will mean different things to different people.

A couple of days ago my daughter sent me a picture of her husband  - hugging his mom on her bed. She is under hospice care.    It was one of the most moving pictures I have ever seen.  At first I had no response because I was overwhelmed with emotion-   I had no words.

Today I wrote this.
I suppose  some could  interpret it as a husband wife, boyfriend/ girlfriend song, but I wanted you to know where I was coming from and my perspective.
I hope you like it and I hope all of you live every day to the fullest and cherish all of the special moments you have. I played it with a capo on 3, but you can play it however best fits your style.

Jim

[song]
{t:Moments}

[C]It was just a [F]moment in my [C] arms
[F] now  it’s for [C] ever on my [G] mind
[Am] I can’t for[C]get about the [F]warmth of your [C] smile
Or the[Am] touch of your [G] hands that were so[C] kind

Verse 2
[C]It was just a [F]moment passing   [C] bye
[F] now  it’s  like an[C]  old photo[G]graph 
[Am] I can’t for[C]get the  softness [F] of your tender  [C] kiss
And I’ll  [Am]  hold on to  the [G] sweet sounds of your[C] laugh

Chorus
[Am]Oh those moments in [G]time, they just  go [F]by so damn [C]fast
So [Am]  hard to hold[G]   onto ,  so [ F] hard to make them [C] last
Just [Am]keep them safe  in[C]side your heart, and [F] cherish every [C]one
And [F]Live and love   ,   all your [G]  moments in the[C] sun
[F]Live and love   ,   all your [G] moments in the[C] sun

Verse 3
[C]It was just a [F]moment in my   [C] life
and [F] now  it’s  for[C]ever in my [G]heart 
I [Am] find myself,[C] smiling  for no [F] reason at  [C] all
Cuz I[Am] feel your  love even  [G]  though  we’re [C] apart   

Chorus
[Am]Oh those moments in [G]time, they just  go [F]by so damn [C]fast
So [Am]  hard to hold[G]   onto ,  so [ F] hard to make them [C] last
Just [Am]keep them safe  in[C]side your heart, and [F] cherish every [C]one
And [F]Live and love   ,   all your [G]  moments in the[C] sun
[F]Live and love   ,   all your [G] moments in the[C] sun
Yea - [F]Live and love   ,   all your [G] moments in the[C] sun

[song/]

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

2 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-09-24 22:53:21)

Re: Moments In The Sun

Tig excellent words. Appreciating every moment with love ones is important. To me a good title for your song would be one word Moments. I love what you have writen but I think Live and Love all your moments.  is all needed in that line. My thoughts and prayers go out to your daughters Mother In Law and family.

Pete
That is actually the name of it.   I just put moments in the sun in the topic space. If you look at the song you will see the title is just one word.  I guess great minds think alike smile
Thanks for you comments and support

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Brilliant I missed the bit at the top. Sorry, I couldnt see the forest because of the tree's.
Pete

I was able to put it in my songbook thanks to Amy's superb guidance - and trust me - I was a slow learner! smile
Here is the link
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/?url= … ranspose=0

Such lovely lyrics Jim .......... i agree this song could be interpreted many ways but after reading your perspective, it made me think of my own mum in a home with dementia now .....  and as already said "spending time with loved ones is very important", we need to make the most of it while we can  smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Great lyrics, TIG. Our whole lives are moments in the grand scheme of things. Makes my head hurt at times, but as you have written, appreciating each one is so vital. Good song, and an important reminder.

Thanks

here is a quick version I put on Soundcloud. 
https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/momnts

Certainly food for thought, we should never take anything or anyone for granted. Nothing lasts forever.

Thick as two short planks

You were right in your assessment about it meaning different things to different people, and I said as much in my SoundCloud comments, my friend. To describe it a bit clearer (sometimes my words work; sometimes they don't): It's like looking at a painting head on, but something's telling you that you're missing seeing something important and if you move maybe 4 feet to the left, there it will be.

That's the way I feel about "Moments": You see what you need or want to see, but it's up to you to make that scene appear. Wonderfully done, Jim

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Beautiful lyrics as usual Jim.  I'm glad I could help with the chordpro!  smile  I see you had a little trouble, but got it on your own in the end!  Kudos to you on that one too!  smile 

The spammer will disappear soon, I've no doubt, and I've banned em for now!  This sentence will mean nothing soon, and I'll look like I'm simply talking to the air!  ha ha ha!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.