Topic: THESE 3

As i said this was written by my daughter probably as she was leaving for her freshman year of college  I just found it yesterday.. she is now a close to being a senior. My god it goes fast!!

THESE THREE

She was diversified, says the clothes in her closet, hanging up and jumbled with color;

Someone who held on to memories of her past, say’s the blue soccer jersey from when she was seven; folded next to the stack of of baby blankets from her infancy.

She had an eye for color, says the vintage portfolio which held her artwork; an avid painter says the various brushes that lay atop  a paint strewn easel.

But not a girl of order says the bed that went unmade almost every morning, piled with pillows in the corner room.

There were two little boys, says the pair of wooden bunk beds that face each other,
weighed down with plastic guns and cowboy hats.

A musical bunch, say’s the drum set in the corner and guitars  hanging on the yellow walls downstairs; they had minds with many visions; says the dozens of sketched on pages inside leather bound sketchpads.

Where did these visions come from? Asks the blackened slate pencil as it moves in many speeds to fill the needs of the boys. 

They loved their sister; says the the floral couch and blanket as it covered the three up to fall asleep during a movie.

Those three were inseparable; says the seats of the bicycles as they would fly through the back roads where the trees would smile down.

She left them, says her mostly empty room, down the hall on the left.

Naked hangers say she packed for days. Leaving behind all the things that constructed her childhood;

Picture frames on the walls say they watched her grow, once a playful teen, now a college bound young woman.

Things in her room go untouched, says the settling dust atop the floor where a bed once lay; and her brothers?

They sit on the couch, say the crumbs in the cushions, fighting, and arguing,

And an empty space where their happiness once burrowed.

By Bethany Noel Sailer (posted by her father without her knowledge, till I tell her to look here)

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: THESE 3

Reflections as she packed and headed off to college, clearly she was going to miss her siblings.  Deep and beautiful thoughts shared with no one, until Mom and Dad found it one day.  I expect you had to dry a few tears after reading this one.  I nearly had to and have never met your kids!  smile  Bethany, you'll possibly be unhappy with your Dad for posting this publicly.  I hope not though.  Things like this are treasures to us parents.  Poetry allows others to see inside your thoughts sometimes, and from a parental point of view, it's an immeasurable gift... to know you treasured your childhood and didn't run out the door screaming, "I'm gone!  Adios!  You're all finally off my back!  whoo hoo!"  wink  Beautifully written.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Oh, my! THAT needs publishing! Garrison Keillor reads poetry every morning at 11 am on PBS Radio. This is as good or better than what he reads, and I mean that sincerely, Bethany and Scott. What's your major? I hope it's English Lit and/or Journalism because I think you have the makings of being a great writer. Thanks for sharing this with us, "Proud Pop"! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Oh, my! THAT needs publishing! Garrison Keillor reads poetry every morning at 11 am on PBS Radio. This is as good or better than what he reads, and I mean that sincerely, Bethany and Scott. What's your major? I hope it's English Lit and/or Journalism because I think you have the makings of being a great writer. Thanks for sharing this with us, "Proud Pop"! smile

Bill

Thanks Bill.  She is an art major , and really enjoys metals crafting and jewelry but paints also.The artwork in soundcloud for PUNK RIFF is her art also.  you may  not have been on my FB when I posted some of her work, so here is one that she sold. Sorry for the huge shot but thats how it is on FB https://scontent.fsnc1-5.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/11038720_10207498162191481_5997163117174494819_n.jpg?oh=3721ae6e2f8c4935e2ac499ca56397b4&oe=5873A8E7

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Hey Scott? You have a multi-talented young lady on your hands, my friend!  Dondra also paints, but since her stroke affected her eyesight, she hasn't done much even though I encourage her. But THIS, Scott, is a sign Bethany is going places and I am so proud to have a friend with such a talented daughter! Amazing!  smile

Your Friends

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Gidday Beamer
Wonderful writing,we`re getting some great stuff here lately.

The King Of Audio Torture

I showed my daughter this page, and she asked me to post this for her. 
From Bethany Sailer:

"Thanks ya'll!
I honestly hardly remember writing that, it was for a project senior year.. but I'm glad it was found, shared and we'll received.
I do feel I should say, that painting my father posted was a master study of Lautrec's "Girl on Toilet". And to better answer the question for what I am in school for, metal smithing/jewelry design and painting.

I appreciate the comments and have been encouraged to possibly pick writing back up again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4810hS8weQ

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bethany has an exceptional talent not only with words but also with art.

All can do is echo the thoughts and comments above. Bethany is obviously an undiscovered talent that will sometime soon explode into the world's consciousness.

Well done Bethany, please continue with your arts and crafts and also with your fine and astute observances of life around you.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Amazing stuff, indeed!

Here's a young lady who hears with her eyes, sees with her ears, and captures it all with her heart. Great art (whether musical or visual) requires the creator to combine all senses into one medium, and there's a truly gifted Artiste here.

I am so impressed. Thank you for sharing what this gifted lady wrote.  Wonderful words that tell so much.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

beamer ............. that was awesome to read ...... that should be published!  Your daughter has a talent!  Fantastic painter too, what a creative young soul smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan