Topic: Endless Sleep 1958

This was composed  by Jody Reynolds and Dolores Nance  and has been covered by Savoy Brown The Judds Billy Idol John Fogerty and Hank Williams jr. to name a few it remains a classic of that era so I thought we would refresh it a bit. We are still in the process of building our recording/filming studio and the ceiling begs for a coat of green spray paint but were working on it. smile
https://youtu.be/2caZu7lKcRE

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Endless Sleep 1958

Russell, does your drummer play Rogers drums? He's got them set up wonderfully! Would you tell him I can't get my Pearls to do that, please?

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Great cover Russell,thats a pricless oldie.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Russell, does your drummer play Rogers drums? He's got them set up wonderfully! Would you tell him I can't get my Pearls to do that, please?

Thanks

Bill

I think there Ludwig drums BIll thanks for giving a look smile

dino48 wrote:

Great cover Russell,thats a pricless oldie.

Gotta love the oldies thanks dino smile

You guys'll soon be ready for an international tour, won't you? big_smile Great work you've been putting together, and your interpretations have been dynamite.

Tenement Funster wrote:

You guys'll soon be ready for an international tour, won't you? big_smile Great work you've been putting together, and your interpretations have been dynamite.

TF we have around 30 or so songs arranged and there are at least 20 that we have played with other groups and I think we will try the local area first before getting passports and shots lol  our goal is to re-invent some of the oldies as well as introduce original material we are still working on a name we can all agree on all feedback is crucial to what songs stay in or out of our song list I really mean it when i say "thanks for taking a look and commenting" without critique good or bad there is no way of knowing so thanks I appreciate your time and comments smile

Sounds  good ,  You  guys  are  really  getting  it  together .

Grah1 wrote:

Sounds  good ,  You  guys  are  really  getting  it  together .

Working on it Graham amazing what getting together each week for a few hours can do  we sorted out the audio mix on vocals (a biggy) and next is getting the stage set right for video taping and live streaming and we are setting up for recording so there is still work to do smile

10 (edited by dino48 2016-10-08 17:44:32)

maybe you can give last kiss a try.by Wilson j Frank.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Maybe you can give Last kiss by Wilson J Frank.

I will have to do some research on that song I don't recall ever singing it dino but I can look it up on you tube smile

I had never heard this one before, Russell .We didn't come to the US until 1960 and much of the American music I heard in Germany was limited to Elvis and Hank, Sr. But after having heard you play it, I looked up the lyrics and thought to myself, "Man! That's a dark song for the late 50's!", but maybe there were others? I remember my friend dino's suggestion about J.Frank Wilson's  "Last Kiss" and then this one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo8DhbQw_O4      smile

Left comments on YouTube for the three of you!

Your Friend, Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

that's a crazy song Bill just in time for Holloween!

14 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-10-09 04:46:35)

Thanks, dino! There were quite a few "dark songs" from the early 60's: "Tell Laura I Love Her."  by Dickie Lee for instance.

And then from the 70's, this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClJLrxGClxk

"Have you heard the story of the hot rod race where the Fords and Lincolns were settin' the pace? That story's true, I'm here to say, 'cause I was drivin' that Model A!"

Your Pal

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill and dino yes there were a lot of songs dealing with young lovers lost or about to die in the 50's many one hit wonders were produced doo wop dominated the mid to late 50's till Elvis, Buddy Holly, Little Richard pepped it up smile

I would like to request this song be played on your cd/stream, please, Russell - if y'all take requests. smile

Your Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

dino48 wrote:

Heh-heh. There was the leader, and there was the pack..... and there was my baby....and THERE was my baby!"..... smile

"All of a sudden, in the wink of an eye, that Cadillac Sedan passed us by. Said boys, 'It's a mark for me, by then the taillights was all you could see!"

Be well, my friend. I listen to Commander Cody about once a week as I have three albums of his. You have great taste in rock 'n roll!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Heh-heh. There was the leader, and there was the pack..... and there was my baby....and THERE was my baby!"..... smile

"All of a sudden, in the wink of an eye, that Cadillac Sedan passed us by. Said boys, 'It's a mark for me, by then the taillights was all you could see!"

Be well, my friend. I listen to Commander Cody about once a week as I have three albums of his. You have great taste in rock 'n roll!

Bill

They do have some good tunes Bill.  I like too listen to The Killer  Mr Jerry  lee Lewis!!

Enjoyable once again Russell smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

I would like to request this song be played on your cd/stream, please, Russell - if y'all take requests. smile

Your Friend

Bill

When we do produce a CD or stream live I will let you know and we will include this song if I forget remind me when I post the date and time Bill smile

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Your Friend

Bill

When we do produce a CD or stream live I will let you know and we will include this song if I forget remind me when I post the date and time Bill smile

Jandle wrote:

Enjoyable once again Russell smile

Thank you Jan the band appreciates hearing from everyone smile