1 (edited by beamer 2016-10-18 10:46:06)

Topic: new neighbor.

As you all know, i have been in this new house roughly 4 or so months , and two houses around the to the left of me I have a new neighbor also.  A few weeks ago I  briefly introduced myself, but tonight i was sitting on the front porch after work, and he gets home about 45 min after I do,  i walked up with a 6 pack of Shinerbock  and said,  " hey  how are ya, you want a beer?"  Now I have a great neighbor named Joe. He also works at Boeing, likes dark beer and red beer, plays guitar and keys, writes music scores, and produces video.and photography.   We ended up in my basement  and just forgot to really play, but instead got to know each other and shared favorite music vids.  This link is one he produced for a local band, and he  has won  some awards. for it,  its country so most of you will enjoy it LOL. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F-DAW84hNA

He said for the price of beer and bbq he is going to do some great shots of me detailing this Saturday.  I also told him if he can help me get a great ad vid, he never has to worry about his car again.
hope you enjoy the vid, and I certainly have enjoyed meeting Joe, also trying to get him to to join chordie.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: new neighbor.

Very cool beamer - sounds like an excellent neighbor!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

That's great man. One of the things I hated about living in Vegas is that the neighborhoods weren't very neighborly. I moved around the same time you did and can tell you that TX is a lot different in NV. Very friendly neighbors. Now I just gotta find some musicians!

Beer

That's why no great story ever starts with " hey - ya wanna have a salad with me ? "

LOL

Way to go Beamer !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Beer

That's why no great story ever starts with " hey - ya wanna have a salad with me ? "

LOL

Way to go Beamer !

LOLOLOLOL not to mention he was navy and electrically inclined, said he will help me with some stuff. (like ceiling fans and sconces LOL  maybe add some more electricity to my garage too!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Baldguitardude wrote:

That's great man. One of the things I hated about living in Vegas is that the neighborhoods weren't very neighborly. I moved around the same time you did and can tell you that TX is a lot different in NV. Very friendly neighbors. Now I just gotta find some musicians!

Well out where you are,,, you might get lucky.but if you go to the Dallas music scene, Two bands to check out, an they have been mentioned on my post before, are THE DANGITS  and MISSEL.  A very cool place to visit for some BBQ and good music is called THE FOUNDRY since thats what it used to be. and right up the road is a way cool old hotel called The Belmont.  If your in the pool, it looks over the Dallas down town and so does the outdoor bar.  (Its also the headquarters for the Rockers and Mods rally every year wink

a couple local favorites out towards you and where I used to live are also Jimmy Baldwin, and Stan Crawford.  Cool Texas is the home of KC James, AI winner a few yrs ago.
and if you like bog old buildings, its worth the drive into mineral wells to walk around the Baker hotel and the Crazy water hotel, and stop at Downtown video for some Jitter bean coffee and see the plans for the hopeful restoration of the Baker.  Tell Laura and Brian your friends with me.  they watched our kids grow up over the years.

well that got off track but....

beamer wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:

Well out where you are,,, you might get lucky.but if you go to the Dallas music scene, Two bands to check out, an they have been mentioned on my post before, are THE DANGITS  and MISSEL.  A very cool place to visit for some BBQ and good music is called THE FOUNDRY since thats what it used to be. and right up the road is a way cool old hotel called The Belmont.  If your in the pool, it looks over the Dallas down town and so does the outdoor bar.  (Its also the headquarters for the Rockers and Mods rally every year wink

a couple local favorites out towards you and where I used to live are also Jimmy Baldwin, and Stan Crawford.  Cool Texas is the home of KC James, AI winner a few yrs ago.
and if you like bog old buildings, its worth the drive into mineral wells to walk around the Baker hotel and the Crazy water hotel, and stop at Downtown video for some Jitter bean coffee and see the plans for the hopeful restoration of the Baker.  Tell Laura and Brian your friends with me.  they watched our kids grow up over the years.

well that got off track but....

Thanks for the tips! I actually live just between Weatherford and Fort Worth so Mineral Wells isn't too far of a drive! And I've been planning to go to Possum Kingdom to fish so maybe that's a good stop off before I launch.

Possum Kingdom?  Sure you didn't move to Tennessee?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Crazy name for a lake, right? Apparently it's reasonably canoe friendly and holds many large fishies, so I need to go there and probably not catch any of them.

10 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-10-19 19:06:22)

Having already read about you and your talented daughter, I'm not really surprised at this turn of events, Scott. smile Also, as a musician, you have that "Charisma Thang" goin' for ya, so again, "Mr. Beamer".  there isn't one of you I would not be honored to play (however poorly) with - either on the skins or the axe.. Please keep us posted on how this "Serendipity/Synchronicity" unfolds itself. (I can never remember the correct terminology is used for what situation, my friend, but I think you know what I am trying to say, right?)

My best to you and the family and your new partner/friend!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

11 (edited by beamer 2016-10-19 20:06:33)

Thanks guys, He has a american Tele that I am waiting to try out, and a 15 W Orange tube amp smile YEA!
BGD it is actually the perfect stop on the way to PK. (as everyone calls it) there is also a great pay lake /camp ground called UNKS LAKE, man made lake but stream fed.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOaidbXfnk

If you are in Mineral Wells around lunch time you have to go to THE BLACK HORSE CAFE they are only open for lunch but really good!  and for fun of just digging around all kinds of stuff, there is GARRETS pawn shop. its huge! and all kinds of stuff, the tool crib downstairs is just crazy, they carry guitars and new and old, and just about anything you can think of. always fun to waste some time in. (then there is the whole block of his warehouse that is full of all kinds of stuff too but you  have to ask about what he has there.)

OH ZURF its also the lake  from which the band The Toadies  took its name and the lake refered to in their biggest hit.  (They were from Dallas)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkwD5rQ-_d4

Baldguitardude wrote:
Zurf wrote:

Crazy name for a lake, right? Apparently it's reasonably canoe friendly and holds many large fishies, so I need to go there and probably not catch any of them.

It's also the title track from an absolutely outstanding record from an absolutely outstanding Fort Worth band, too.  The Toadies.

I love that record.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Beamer don't leave a lot of dogfood  etc 0ut they will discover it and eat as much as they can.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Cool Scott!  Good to know you're making friends.  wink  The guy's got some skills in videography.  I finally met our neighbors (of 14 years) over the summer.  I always liked them because they didn't bother us and we didn't bother them.  Having actually finally got to know them a little, I'm sorry we weren't formally introduced sooner.  Turns out, it's good to have friendly neighbors as well as those that leave ya be!  ha ha!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.