Topic: FXs kapaw

I've been using a Digitech vocal harmoniser on stage for some time now, but last week the power supply began cutting off and making noises during the gig. I decided to bight the bullet and get a new power supply. It came Wednesday, I plugged it in and it worked great, though I only used it for a few seconds. During Saturday's gig the harmoniser was making more noise than usual, then about an hour and a half into the gig, mid song....kapaw and just a load of electrical grating noise through the speakers. I tried unplugging everything till I realised it was the harmoniser! I unplugged that and carried on with the gig, luckily I've got reverb on my mixer. It's so embarrassing all that noise. Had a great gig regardless though my hand is aching after all the hand shakes. Now I have to see what the power supply seller is going to do about it, after all the paperwork confirms it was a 9 volt but the rating on the supply says 14 VAC I take it that means 14 volts AC.ive sent them an e-mail but they may BS me with "you should have checked before using it" I'll keep you informed.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: FXs kapaw

Hmmmm ... hope that works out alright for you, Phill.

Most of the warranty limitations on gear "this side o' the pond" confine the manufacturer's obligations to their equipment only, and not to other items which may have damaged due to their product failing. I hope your experience comes out satisfactory.

Re: FXs kapaw

Hi TF, it wasn't an original part though the unit and the power adaptor are made in China. I don't want to say too much at this point as I'm hoping the suppliers of the power adaptor will man up and either fix the unit or replace it as laws our side of the pond state that products have to be fit for purpose and the error was theirs.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.