Topic: VIRTUAL CAMPFIRE

WELL EVEN though I am on the west coast 3 hour time diff from most of you all, We need a good Skype virtual campfire!  It has been way too long!  lets plan a weekend where we can get it going
.  To my regular Skype buddies, (you know who you are) I really miss seeing you guys.

Next Saturday im booked till a time when you all may be getting ready for bed, but lets start throwing some stuff out there.

Cheers all.

BEAMER THE METALIZER.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: VIRTUAL CAMPFIRE

32 views and no takers?  Come on guys let's a night going.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

I'm up for it.  I miss those things.  If no one else, we can have fun Beamer.  Now finding a time... ha.  There's the hard part.  Every weekend is booked through Thanksgiving I think.  I'll double check the calendar, but finding a time is what's hard.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm definitely down

5 (edited by unclejoesband 2016-10-24 23:19:39)

I haven't used it for quite some time but I just checked, the account is still there and somehow I remembered the password.

I'll join in.

ETA. I haven't used a mic with this computer yet so I'll need to play around and make sure I can get everything to work.

6 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-10-25 19:05:06)

This done with Skype and a mic, right, Scott? Never done that before.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

I haven't done one of these in ages - I'd like to join if the timing is right

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Scott - Jim and I are usually around on Saturdays - sitting around the table having a few drinks and playing some guitar.  That'd be around 4 your time (7 EST) and for a few hours to half the night- depending!  A friend of ours usually comes and hangs out with us, not to play but just to BS.  Sometimes Steph even joins in with her uke.  wink  My Skype info is still the same (still using it for work - if you see me in green status, feel free to send a msg).

Bill - do you have Skype?  Have you ever used it?  I use it for work - CONSTANTLY - so I'm pretty versed in it now.  If you need any help setting it up, let me know.  Do you have a mic and webcam built into your computer (or attached to it)?  If so, you should be able to use it!  I highly suggest downloading the desktop version though, if you don't have it already.  The built in Windows 10 version of Skype is useless in my opinion.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

9 (edited by beamer 2016-10-27 01:56:15)

What Amy said! I had to just delete the thing out of my computer and re-download it.  I have also ran my Studio mic into my mixer and into the puter, but running one direct will work also with a adapter from 1/4 to 1/8th to the mic jack or if you have a USB mic it will pick it up, look in your skype sound settings to choose which one you want it to run with.

I will probably use camera mic but sing through my effects boxes into the monitor cab I have (No auto tune for me, so anything to enhance my voice!)

Most webcams have built in mics, they are good enough for this purpose.So if we are looking at 4pm my time, this Saturday is definitely out, I have a big detail paint correction job, however IF I get done in time, I can just text whoever in a mass text and let them know.  Sunday is probably out as the job I am doing wont start till "after church" for the customer, so 12ish to 1ish for a start time, my hope is 2.5 hours, but usually its about 4 (this is a free one they won, so not a DEEP clean, more of a spritzing.)

So, even If I asked for your numbers in the past (Amy, Jeff, and Z) if everyone can Private Message me either from the Chordie mail or FB, I can send a mass text.  By God we can make this happen smile My camera in the man cave shoots to a nice corner with the drums in it.  We may have noise of BATTLEFIELD WW1 going on in the back as my boys are plenty addicted to it right now LOL.  They have headphones they can use, maybe they will even join in. Cade wont sing though, Cory may start beating the drums.  We shall see.

OK get the numbers to me and I will just keep in mind that 3 to 5 is the best window from my time zone.

I'm not sure what my wife has planned for my time this weekend, but I want to know about the event.  I know I have to run up to Harrisburg, PA mid-day, but think I'll be free in the evening.  (3-5 Beamer Time). 

I'll send you my contact via FB PM.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Sunday is out for me. Scott and I are going to do an open mic that evening so I'll be going to his place to loosen up a bit in the afternoon. I'll probably work Saturday morning but will be home in plenty of time to join an evening "campfire".
Scott, I'll PM my number.

Amy, I know you're on Skype and working in the morning. When I see that you're online, may I call you and do a quick check to make sure I have things working right?

12 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-10-28 02:03:24)

mekidsmom wrote:

Bill - do you have Skype?  Have you ever used it?  I use it for work - CONSTANTLY - so I'm pretty versed in it now.  If you need any help setting it up, let me know.  Do you have a mic and webcam built into your computer (or attached to it)?  If so, you should be able to use it!  I highly suggest downloading the desktop version though, if you don't have it already.  The built in Windows 10 version of Skype is useless in my opinion.

Hey, Amy. I'm afraid I don't have it anymore, but we're supposed to play and sing together, yes? Sorry to say I still don't have anything but my STRAT which I play through my computer or the XBox. So I will have to bow out (again, dammit). Sorry, but can I watch y'all anyway?

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Hey hey hey! 

Ok - so Joe and I did a sound/video check last night.  He's all set up and ready to go!  Scott - did you say Saturday is totally out for you?  sad  Sunday is most likely a no-go for me.  Maybe we can catch you next Saturday?  Zurf, Joe and Bill - even if Scott can't make it Saturday, maybe we can catch you guys!

Bill - DARN IT!  Still no guitar?  This is no bueno!  I might just have a solution to that problem though...  In the mean time, we'd still love to have ya join us on Skype!  As Scott described it, when playing via Skype it has to be run like a "campfire circle" - basically each person takes a turn while everyone else mutes their mics.  If you have something to play along with, you can, however you have to do so with your mic muted.  This is because Skype is only able to handle one person talking at a time.  So - you can certainly join in and listen on, and chit chat in between.  A lot of the time, there's more chit chatting than there is actual guitar playing anyway!  Ha ha! 

I guess we'll just see what happens!  I found three different possible profiles for you on Skype, Bill - and I've send them all a contact request!  When you get a chance to log onto it, which whatever profile you use, confirm the contact request and we'll go from there!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Bill - I have a little Fender 15W Frontman practice amp you can have for that strat.  It has been featured in photographs here on Chordie as a foot prop and end table for enormous glasses of bourbon.  Private message me your address either here or on Facebook, and I'll check out what the postage will cost.  I get a big discount from UPS through work, so it has to be a physical address. 

- Zurf

I guess we aren't Skypenating tonight.  Ping me on my cell phone if y'all get started.

Sorry all my weekend just got loaded.

beamer wrote:

Sorry all my weekend just got loaded.

Was the owner of the Caddy pleased?  I thought the car looked a whole lot better when you were done with it.

Zurf wrote:

Bill - I have a little Fender 15W Frontman practice amp you can have for that strat.  It has been featured in photographs here on Chordie as a foot prop and end table for enormous glasses of bourbon.  Private message me your address either here or on Facebook, and I'll check out what the postage will cost.  I get a big discount from UPS through work, so it has to be a physical address. 

- Zurf

Wow!!!! Thanks, Zurf for that very kind offer and I accept with great appreciation. I would be happy to pay the postage plus whatever you'd like for the Frontman! Awesome! smile
PM sent.

Thanks again, my friend!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass