Topic: Glenn Campbell - incredible

This should probably go in Tuesday flying fingers.  But here it is.  Glenn plays incredibly- more than just a Country singer

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GUBhE00h9 … _detailpag

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Glenn Campbell - incredible

When saw the header Glen Campbell I thought oh no! I was hoping it wasn't bad news, so glad it wasn't. Glen was a session musician before he got famous and played on many of the big hits of the day including a stint with the Beach Boys. It's such a shame about his dementia. thanks for putting this up I also listened to Dueling Banjos while I was there. Splendid.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

That's great fun!

When he went "head top" I was getting a kick out of the stone-faces on the orchestra members behind him, i.e., like they didn't even notice. Then I wondered if he was going to do Jimi Hendrix's "lighter fluid" stunt. Mr. Campbell has too much class for that, and besides: who would dare set fire to a 12-string Hamer? Nice axe!

Thanks for this, TIG!

4 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-11-02 19:55:58)

Heard Prior The Performance: "Ladies and Gentlemen of The Orchestra: during his performance of the 'Finale" of the Overture, I am being told Mr. Campbell will be "stalking" amongst several of you with his....... guitar. I ask you at those times to please remain seated, face your sheet music and play. Do not, repeat, do not drool nor mount your cello and/or double basses and attempt to dance with it. That is all". wink

That was just TOTALLY AWESOME, Jim! Especially that "matter of fact" way he explained, "I'm gonna learn to play this some day."..... Well, he really did, didn't he? Thanks for making my day, Buddy! smile

Your Friend

Bill

PS: Somebody's playing a cute little Ovation Mandy. Any ideas of who that may be?

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

He was good when he could stay sober he was a bad alcoholic.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman