1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-11-11 22:56:41)

Topic: Short Piece Of Kiwi Musical Comedy

Hello  Chordies ,
With all the seriousness of the week I thought I would introduce you to a bit of Kiwi Humour a New Zealand folk comedy duo doing a song Jenny. I hope you find it funny.
https://youtu.be/oUk1nPqfJ3I

Re: Short Piece Of Kiwi Musical Comedy

Thanks Peatle - I just watched about 30 mins of their stuff and truly laughed out loud. I gotta get busy or I could spend all night watching - thats funny stuff

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Glad you got the humour.

Well, Pete,

I may have missed the humor, but in my opinion this first 7:20 minutes sucked like a Hoover vacuum cleaner.

You know you're my friend, right? And I would never write something critical unless it stunk like a pile of feces?

This did.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Cheers Bill
I like your criticism, That is what good friends should do is express themselves honestly. That is what I love about you is your not a fake.
Pete

I am YOUR friend, Pete.

How can I be a fake?

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

To be a fake would be an impossible mission for you my dear friend.
Pete

Sorry Pete, I too had some trouble getting my head around "Jenny"..... the "Bus Driver" however. was a hoot!  Reminded me of your ordinary "small town"..... some folks who can't let go.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

No need to be sorry Doug what is funny to one person is not always funny another.

Peatle Jville wrote:

No need to be sorry Doug what is funny to one person is not always funny another.

absolutely.....

some people see roses, some see thorns

I personally liked it....   not as gut wrenching comical as some of their (Flight of the Concords) other performances.... but it was quite clever and well performed.
Thanks for sharing Peatle

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I need to apologize to my good friend Pete for the above "review" of The Flying Chonchords piece. No it wasn't to my liking or taste, but I could have worded it in a much kinder way than I did. I am sorry, my friend. sad

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

No need to apoligise I found it refreshing to get a honest opinion. I love it when people are true to themselves. I didn't take any offence. My Maree is a clasical  music girl and doesnt like a lot of the sort of music I like.  Maree describes much of what I like as Kay Wrap. But even though we differ alot on things of taste we are very much in love after 35 years of marriage. My Mother and Father were members of two opposing political party's when I was a kid. Our dinner table up until I was the  age of twelve when my father died was always entertaining, listening to my perants sometime very heated debates. Good on you for saying how you feel  that is what true friends do. No offence taken.
Pete

13 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-11-13 02:52:51)

35 YEARS??????

Man! Were you two in love or what, Pete?????? smile

Madondra (she hates it when I call her that! It sounds like "Madonna" whom she hates) and I were just comparing the years to yours, my friend: She and I first got married in 1970 and divorced in 1985. We then remarried (we stayed friends and loved each other through the years - long story) in 2008.  So how many years is that put together? 23?

We honor your marriage to your sweet Maree and both of us wish you many, many more happy years together!

Your Friends

Bill and Dondra Craig

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Maree and I have been very good friends since 1972. To cut a long story short we became more then friends in 1981 and our marriage has worked out. We are opposites that attract and have worked out. As a couple we have never got bored with each other. Even though we certainly are not perfect we are very much in love. I have two sons born in 1972 and 1974 to a differant lady. My son's mother was a good person but my relationship with her could  simply  be described as unusual and  not  a close one.
You and Dondra I am sure are now forever.
Your friend Pete

I would like to hear this beautiful story of yours in a song, Pete.

Have you already written one???

Too bad. Write another one and write it THIS time through the eyes of someone like me. A guy who just got the message about how strong love can be.

I already know you can write a song like this, because I have seen and heard your work.

So... that's your assignment, my friend: Write a  love song about someone who is watching you and your Maree looking at each other through eyes of love.

Waiting....;) smile

Your Friend Always

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

16 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-11-14 02:51:31)

Hi Bill
Here in NZ the country had a bit of shake up with an earthquake just after midnight  which has created a few challenges  for locals today. Anyway I will attach a song I wrote about Maree a while back it was one of my usual me piano and cell phone moments. So the sound quality is not the greatest.
Your Friend Pete
https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/maree-song

Peatle ..................we must have the same warped humor, maybe have to be a Kiwi to enjoy the dry humor smile ............i really enjoy the flight of the concords too (most of their stuff wink )

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan