Topic: Another One From Burns Ernst

This gentleman has an amazing style and I can't get enough of his playing.

Another one from his repertoire!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poxo1om … ature=em-u

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Another One From Burns Ernst

Smooth style, Bill ... nice find.

I clicked your YouTube avatar, and it opened to a B&W pic of your band (I presume?). And that would be you sitting behind the "skins"?

Awesome!

Nice one Bill, if I hadn't seen the vid I might of thought Gary Moore.

Thick as two short planks

Thanks you two! smile

If anyone here is from "The Sixties", they may think they're looking  at  a pair of white socks being worn with black shoes, but they're not . Those are "penny loafers" cut up to look like Roman Sandals. The outfit you see on YouTube and khaki shorts with a top called a "Dashiki" were our "evening" and "summer outdoor' wear respectively. For formal occasions, one of our guys' dads owned an exclusive men's store called "The Squire Shop", where, in return for commercial mentions during our breaks we "rented" our tuxes.

We loved playing formals:  These included small-town proms as well as  "Garden Club" and "After-Wedding" parties.

One thing not listed, but which relates somewhat are those "spur of the moment" times when the father of the bride would come staggering up to "The Leader Our Band', made sure all the guests were watching and handed each one of us - in sequence and with drum roll/cymbal crash - a twenty dollar bill. One of the things which kept those tips coming were all the "spare parts" such as  tubes, amps, strings, drum heads in each  size,  and in my case a complete change of clothes. Sometimes we even had a "human spare part" who served as manager/roadie and rhythm/bass guitars. When Dewey, leader of his group "The Originals" left, he brought John with him to "The Watchmen".

By the way, that $20 buck tip I mentioned would be worth $149.00 in today's USD.

Um,.... What was the question???

Just kidding and sorry for the length!

Your friend

Bill,

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com