1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-11-18 23:21:41)

Topic: Without You

Hi everyone again from South Chordie Verse.
I guess those who know me well know that I believe some of the best music doesnt need to be over complicated to be good. It has to be what hits the heart that matters.  A very talented Kiwi young lady,    Brooke Fraser  does that a lot with her music. So I have descided to post her doing this song of hers with just one other guitarist live to show an example of this.
I would be interested to get your feed back. Remember you don't have to like it  to offer an opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kvb-4ULaNo

Re: Without You

I like her. nice voice and great looking!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Yes very nice in that modern style. It's nice to see young talent singing rather than talking or rapping and writing her own music, full marks.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Very lovely!  smile  Thanks for sharing!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Very nice ... the jazzy arrangement & her expressive voice reminds me of our Joni Mitchell. It's actually not quite as simple as it sounds on the surface; nice progressions.

Thank you folks for taking time to give it a watch.  I agree with you TF the subtile bits are actually very hard to do. Like Phill's comments about Rap. Incidently Brookes Dad was a famous All Black winger Bernie Fraser.  Glad Mekids enjoyed it, hard to know sometimes what local stuff of ours travel's well and what doesn't.

Very nice easy listening sort of stuff, travel's well to the other side of the planet, and beyond

Thick as two short planks

She is really good, i like her music smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan