Topic: How do i request a song to be added to chordie

I know chordie is a search engine and doesnt actually "have" any songs.  But how do i request a song be searched for or hosted?  I am looking for "Now Behold", an old church spiritual.

2 (edited by dino48 2016-11-19 19:38:15)

Re: How do i request a song to be added to chordie

You do.it yourself type it in or look for it by looking for the artist. that area is on the home page.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The artist is unknown for a lot of the songs i want.  They are old traditional church songs.

The artist is unknown for a lot of the songs i want.  They are old traditional church songs.

I searched "now behold the lamb" and it came back no results found.  I can find the song on google no problem. There are dozens of site with the song.  But I want to add it to my chordie songbook is the thing.  So i dont understand what you mean by search.  The search on this site seems to only search this site.  I already know the song is not found in this site.  So how does searching the song here lead to chordie one day including it in the index of songs where it is not listed right now.

Hi Zengalileo,

If you want a song adding to the Chordie library you have to first locate it elsewhere on the internet and it must be in ChoPro (Chord Pro) format. Then you need to sent the details, including the URL, to admin@chordie.com with a request for it to be added.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

How do I know a song is in chord pro format?

Normally the chords will be above the lyric line or, if it is not formatted, the chords will be in the lyric line in square brackets i.e. [G]Mary had a [C]little [G]lamb.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks.

What if the song is in a pdf file?