Topic: Fifty Year's

Next year will be fifty years since my father passed away so I have been trying to write a song about how a little tune he use to whistle has stayed with me all that time.
I have put the words and a little song around it up on soundcloud . I am  wondering if anyone is interested, can they have a go at it also in a differant way to what I have done.
I will post the words here also.
                                                          Johnny's Whistle
Back in 1967 my father Johnny passed away.
And one of my lingering memories of my father was a tune that he use to whistle.
Which I call Johnny's Whistle.
And it went something like this.
........................................{ whistle filler }
Yeah Johnny's Whistle that's what I call it.
He seem to whistle it every day.
It could be sort of annoying but it's my last lingering memory of him.
And it's kind of stayed in a way I hope it lives on after I have gone.
Johnny's Whistle
.......................................{ Whistle filler }
Johnny's Whistle
......................................{ Whistle filler }
Well many years have come and passed.
And lots of things have happened.
And all sorts of water has passed beneath my bridge.
But the one lasting thing that lingers on about Johnny is his whistle.
Johnny's Whistle will always be with me.
....................................{ Whistle filler differant tempos }
Johnny's Whistle lives on with me.
Johnny's
....................................( Whistle filler }
Johnny's Whistle and me.

https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/johnnys-whistle

Re: Fifty Year's

Peatle
i like this one,may have a crack at it.
Give it the old `rough as` treatment.

The King Of Audio Torture

My dad whistles all the time.  I can see where this comes from...  nice loving memory Pete!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I hope you give it a blast Easy Beat. Mekids it's those memories that sometimes make's one smile.

my old dad used to whistle too, or at least try to, he couldn't carry a tune in a bucket to be honest. he started a job driving a lorry in about 1957/8 and during the summer holidays i'd go with him for a spin, which i think is where i get my wanderlust from. between the engine noise was deafening and his whistle as well????? he died about 10 years ago 2 years after my mother, i sometimes dream about them as if they were still alive and even though i feel sad that they're no longer here, i'm glad i had a few more moments with them.

i'd love to have a go at your song if i get some time but i am preparing for christmas right now so maybe when i get a few moments.

got to say though love the song and the sentiment

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thank you Phill. That would a huge privilege to hear your take on Johnny's Whistle. I quiet often have vivid dreams of those who are no longer here, but are dear to me at night.
My father's perant's  lived longer than him I was very close to them. My grandmother the night she died went to bed early as she wasn't feeling well.  I was visiting that night,  I sat up with my Grandpah talking , Just before I left my Nana called out to my Grandpah and asked him to bring me to bedroom and say good bye. She then orderd him to take some small glasses out of the glass cabinet and got Grandad to put a drop of sherry in each. We then did a toast and I left it was very strange thing for her to do. She died that night in her sleep. While asleep at home that  night, I woke up after having this dream that my Grandmother had come to me and told me too keep an eye on Grandpah  make sure he is ok.. When I was  told of her passing next morning I felt like I already new what had happened.