Topic: Free Ride mashup

Had a  little fun with this, you never really know where a jam is going or where it winds up I guess the whole idea is to find a groove and put some polish on it and for the record the polish will be applied if you have a minute or so please give a look smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjOGZA2NsHE

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Free Ride mashup

Great work Russell,I love the background film.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Nice job, Russell ... nice job indeed. You've got some great tones coming out of your Tele, and everyone's in fine voice ... especially on the chorus. Don't know what else to say ... flabber-ghasted!

dino48 wrote:

Great work Russell,I love the background film.

Hi dino just want you to know I really enjoying playing with a these guys, the background sort of fits with the music thank you! smile

Tenement Funster wrote:

Nice job, Russell ... nice job indeed. You've got some great tones coming out of your Tele, and everyone's in fine voice ... especially on the chorus. Don't know what else to say ... flabber-ghasted!

TF I love the tone of my Modern players Tele it really go's nice with the action and the tuners allow a lot of freedom. I love doing songs from this era lot of great music thanks for giving a look and commenting smile

Russell_Harding wrote:
Tenement Funster wrote:

TF I love the tone of my Modern players Tele it really go's nice with the action and the tuners allow a lot of freedom. I love doing songs from this era lot of great music thanks for giving a look and commenting smile

You're very welcome!

I have a very loose idea of how "green screen" tech works, and what you guys are doing for your vids is also very cool. Who puts together the clips, does the editing, etc.? All of your vids have very suitable backdrops, and it definitely adds to your overall presentation.

And I gotta ask ... will there be RETRO BUZZ merchandise?

Re: TF's last sentence up there: Hadn't thought of that, but yeah ---- I'll do my part to support RETRO BUZZ and buy a t-shirt.

And you'll remember I've already volunteered to drive the tour buzz/limo. smile

Come on guys! We gotta get started! smile

Does any of what  TF and I have written sound familiar?

Your Fan,

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

8 (edited by Russell_Harding 2016-11-30 13:59:47)

Tenement Funster wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:
Tenement Funster wrote:

You're very welcome!

I have a very loose idea of how "green screen" tech works, and what you guys are doing for your vids is also very cool. Who puts together the clips, does the editing, etc.? All of your vids have very suitable backdrops, and it definitely adds to your overall presentation.

And I gotta ask ... will there be RETRO BUZZ merchandise?

TF I do all the editing on the videos if you want to get started in editing with Green Screen I would suggest in addition to buying some bulk green at walmart you purchase a very  inexpensive program from TraxAx make sure it has green screen the cost for the program is under $30 and WELL worth it the green screen less the ten buck you can tack it on  or staple it on a wall then use some flood lamps for lighting make sure there in back of you to cancel out the shadows. I search the internet for videos that have the same theme as the song and use my Samsung camera phone to shoot the video or look thru some old dvds any source works if you need help give me a holler smile I designed a Retro Buzz logo for the drum head I will see if I can upload it to our facebook page it would look cool on a t shirt.

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Re: TF's last sentence up there: Hadn't thought of that, but yeah ---- I'll do my part to support RETRO BUZZ and buy a t-shirt.

Your Fan,

Bill

Noted Bill we are concentrating on the music at the moment for a large event next summer and some other gigs and putting together a great song list.

Russell_Harding wrote:
Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Your Fan,

Bill

Noted Bill we are concentrating on the music at the moment for a large event next summer and some other gigs and putting together a great song list.

Heh-Heh, I know Russell just yankin' yer chain a little. All in fun. smile Once you get your repertoire nailed down in stone (or however that goes), y'all will start fine tuning and polishing the act. God, I wish I could be a part of something like that again. smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Haven't heard this one for years. I always enjoy your posts, you look like you're having fun and it comes across in your music.

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

Haven't heard this one for years. I always enjoy your posts, you look like you're having fun and it comes across in your music.

It has to be fun or it's a job smile  I retired from traveling with shows after I hit my 60's we still have some bookings in the works but not a daily grind of hauling gear, set up tear down and off to the next place I'm 75 don't need any more excitement unless it is a song. smile