Topic: Do It Yourself Christmas Messages.

Hello Chordie Verse
I know this is going to sound dangerous but believe it or not I have been thinking. Peatle thinking impossible I hear them cry.  In this dangerous moment of thought it seemed it would be nice for those who have it in them  this month to attach their own personal recorded Christmas New Year messages. It doesn't have to be a song it might be just a spoken word or a photo or whatever comes from your heart. While I got a moment as work wise it is busy time I made my one, attachment below.
I would love others to put something up if they want to.
https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/christmas-greeting

2 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-04 06:41:50)

Re: Do It Yourself Christmas Messages.

I'm going to see if I can come up with something for you,  Maree and all our friends Pete, but I may need some help in getting it set up and uploaded.

Here's a preliminary idea:

1. The song itself would be  "Cotton Fields". I would sing maybe 2 verses of the original, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ToqDJXZdg8 )  which would then be followed by maybe a 1.5 minute guitar "music bed" filled with "spoken voice" (i.e. The Christmas  "Message" from Dondra and myself); we then come back into the tune itself, but the last verse changed to fit the holiday.

2. I will ass-um-e that this is not a "competition" ---- just  part of a greater message.

How does that sound to everyone? PLEASE make suggestions, because I will need them! smile

Bill

PS: Pete with both of us "thinking", you are wise to post an advisory! :-D

Your friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Bring it on Bill

The King Of Audio Torture

4 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-04 07:11:45)

Okay, here's what I have so far....... Please note that  there are TWO versions of the rewritten "chorus" with the last lines left as yet unwritten, easy.

I'm not all that good at Geography, so I'm guessing that there is a good layer of snow in Auckland and Christchurch?

Be that as it may, I'd like MY Christmas message to be sent from my hemisphere to the one occupied by my Kiwi friends.

Please take a ......"gander" at what I've got so far and please remember, this is just a first draft. wink

The song will need some repair. Here it is in its entirety: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd4S8FGoEJU

Substitute Verse for "Cotton Fields" ------ takes place as the chorus comes in the second time

VERSION ONE:    Oh when them  snow balls start flyin'
You better duck or else you'll be cryin'
VERSION TWO:   Those ain't cotton balls you see flyin
It's all in fun, so don'tcha start cryin'
In them old, snowy fields back home

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Christmas message to Chordians
https://soundcloud.com/rough-as-gut/hap … s-everyone

The King Of Audio Torture

I love that  message of yours on soundcloud EB. I like your Cotton Fields lyrics idea Bill.

peatle and easybeat, great on the Christmas songs, well done smile

Strummerboy Bill, i look forward to seeing what you come up with smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

I'll give it my best shot, Jan. Please don't hold it against me if I can't come up with anything. One of the symptoms of my type of dementia is a sudden lack of interest in doing something I set out to do. To illustrate: I may have the idea to do some reading and reach for a book, but maybe three seconds later the desire has left me. This is seconds!

I don't usually talk about the dementia and what its effects are, but felt I needed to explain why my postings are so sporadic sometimes. It's also why I have so much of my musical stuff stored with just a couple of lines.

I didn't write that for sympathy so don't do it, okay? smile  It's just the way things are and as I've said many, many times before, I'm happy that I have my family (you and everyone here) to help me pull through those times. smile

Thanks for understanding.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

smile  Nice holiday wishes from you guys.  smile  Thanks!  I hope you also have a great holiday - be it summer or winter where you are.  We'll see if we can get something put up for ya in return. 

Bill - your dementia sounds a lot like unintentional procrastination.  I mean that in the most loving way possible, because as you know, I'm a master of intentional procrastination!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

How could you mean anything other than loving Amy? smile I'm still gonna give it my best shot. You're the BEST!

Y'all are all.... THE BEST!

Bil

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass