Topic: CHORDIESTOCK V - 3/16/17 - 3/19/17

September is here, so we re now roughly 6 months away from the 5th annual assemblage of wacky chordians in Madeira Beach, FL.  As always, it will take place the weekend after the clocks spring forward and hosted by yours truly. Every year has gotten bigger and better and I expect no different this year. Save the date and make your plans now! Who is in?

https://scontent.ftpa1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/11165228_10209049568746559_7502446808469596208_n.jpg?oh=80d8e44e47b77ad3a167d82470382ef5&oe=5843DA68

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: CHORDIESTOCK V - 3/16/17 - 3/19/17

Hey Jeff!!

If you've got room for me to crash somewhere I'll try to arrange my spring visit to my daughter in St. Cloud for that week.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Sounds good Dirty Ed - There is always room for you - you'll sleep pretty much anywhere!

Any of you folks from across the pond plan on attending this year? Roger? Paul?

5 (edited by beamer 2016-09-09 03:49:03)

Ill see what my spring time off is like (I may not have any days left IDK) and what kind of budget I have by then.  Really want to come again!  I miss you and Z and the rest of the gang.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

It would be great to see you again beamer! Who else in in? Zurf - I know you wouldn't miss #5! UJB? BGD? - You guys have expressed interest in the past. I know it's still 6 months away, but do you think you can make it?

I will be there with the Cowboy, Keith Fulp, and a truck load of equipment. And some new songs. And some brown liquor. I am looking for a condo near Topdown's house, so if anyone wants to split one with me and Cowboy for Thurs Fri Sat Sun , I will make the arrangements. Dirty Ed, you are welcome to bunk with us if we find a bunkhouse. And I will have Nashville tuned Martin guitar with me, DE,

I don't care if Hell freezes, as long as I've got my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car......

Strat, Martin, Tele, Artcore.......

Well I've thought I was coming to the last three.  Assuming my wife isn't having any more babies in the next 1/2 year I'll be there!

Nice - now this party is coming together. Had a mini gathering at my place tonight. 5 or 6 pickers and a singer or 2. Great fun. I sure hope you and the family can make it BGD, Topdawg and I had a great time at you place last May and I'd like to reciprocate. I can pretty much guarantee you'll have a good time!

If there is enough interest from travelers that need a hotel, I don't mind checking out a few and trying to get a group rate. Just let me know if you're planning on coming.

I might instead bring some musician friends and rent a vrbo by your house

I'd encourage travelers looking for a room to book early. March is peak of tourist season around here!

I'll put it on the calendar, but as much as I love the FLamily, my Dad comes first.  If all is well with Dad, I'll be there. 

Hoping I can have some floor space again, or a spot in the yard for a tent.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf - You and Toney are the only folks who have made it to every chordiestock. Of course there is room for you. It is still 6 months away, I'm praying your Dad is healed from whatever is ailing him by then!

Topdawgz wrote:

I will be there with the Cowboy, Keith Fulp, and a truck load of equipment. And some new songs. And some brown liquor. I am looking for a condo near Topdown's house, so if anyone wants to split one with me and Cowboy for Thurs Fri Sat Sun , I will make the arrangements. Dirty Ed, you are welcome to bunk with us if we find a bunkhouse. And I will have Nashville tuned Martin guitar with me, DE,

Sounds like a good plan - I'm in !  We'll probably need to take turns being the designated driver from Jeff's back to the condo smile

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Wyatt has offered to loan me his RV to park in driveway - I think we can squeeze it in. That should offer enough space for 4-6 more folks to crash. I just gotta figure out a power cord.

Wyatt has offered to loan me his RV to park in driveway - I think we can squeeze it in. That should offer enough space for 4-6 more folks to crash. I just gotta get a power cord. So I can probably put up 8 or 10 folks in air conditioning, plus a few others on the porch / tents if need be.

17 (edited by beamer 2016-09-23 09:15:42)

We have done tents b4 LOL and then the living room floor! Trying to book time and budget my
Vacation time  and wanna do some other gatherings also, so its gonna be a tight way to plan the year!
If I can make it, i"m like Zurf, tent space or floor space is good for me! lol

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Jeff is there Uber where you are?

Yes, there is uber, a bus trolley and several free beach ride services (tips only)

topdown wrote:

Yes, there is uber, a bus trolley and several free beach ride services (tips only)

And no real reason to leave.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

21 (edited by topdown 2016-10-15 15:43:28)

5 months away. Current chordian roster:

IN: Zurf, Dirty Ed, Topdawgz, Wlbaye and Liz , BGD, Southpaw

Maybe: Beamer, UJB

No response: Normtheguitar

Locals / previous attendees: Cowboy, Paddy, Bee, Roger, Wyatt, Pepper, Jeremy, The Steve, Natalie and I'm sure there will be lots of others 

Out sad Roger

Also have heard from Per who could not commit, but assures me he is going to try to make it!

Add your name to the list!

ETA: - Of course the headliner will be Roscoe Jones! (lord willin')

4 months to go and I'm starting to get a little excited. This event is the highlight of my year - I can't wait!

I have heard from Paul (normtheguitar) and he is a solid "maybe" - I guess that's better than a NO! Send him a message to pile on the pressure!

Also, another friend from England who is both a phenomenal drinker as well as an extraordinary bass player, Martin Raggett has promised to join us. Beamer - he plays in a touring band out of the UK - proper Heavy Metal - do a search for High Treason - it's right up your alley. Between killer bass licks, Martin will have you on the floor laughing with his stories and wry sense of humor.

Another friend of Zurf's - Garuchi has promised to make it as well. He has tried to make it the past couple of years, but health and car problems have held him back. If he's 1/2 as good as Zurf describes him, it will be a pleasure to have him join the group. I am confident he will fit right in, well, because Zurf said so!

I have also heard that Roscoe is back in town and doing well!!

ROSCOE!!!

Just about 3 months away - time to firm up your plans chordians!

Hi jeff wish I could come .Can you make a post and restart picks around the world maybe we can send you some things too put in it.   vince

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman