1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-12-23 21:58:53)

Topic: Don't Want No

I wrote this song," Dont Want No' when I was  a young man a long time ago. It came about when a girlfiend I had at the time. was obsessed with Radio, Television , and Newspapers asked me what do you want from me when you visit. She would have a TV or a radio turned up loud all the time and was an avid Newspaper reader. She was not much of a conversationalist and was always concerned that people didn't get her jokes or understand her quirky humour. One day after asking her if she could just turn of the radio and TV and have a conversation without all the distraction she asked me.  "What do you want from me when you visit"? A few days later in answer to that question I wrote this song Don't Want No. I put it up on soundcloud a while back I didn't really get much feed back about it as a song. I would be interested to hear if anyone has any thoughts on it as  it is been around for many years ? Attachment below.
https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/dont-want-no

Re: Don't Want No

You just got to love this tune. The lyrics just say it all and some great blues guitar. Really enjoyed, thanks for posting

Thick as two short planks

Yeah Peatle no feedback BUT over 400 listens.
you have a faithful following ya quirky bugger.
Don`t keep Marie trapped under the mistletoe!
(hey sounds like a good title for a song)
see ya for a beer in the new yr.

The King Of Audio Torture

Peatle
    This is really good !!  Great lyric - terrific playing and singing.   Put some percussion with this recording and it's a hit on the radio!  Merry Christmas.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thank you Keepitreal  glad you liked it.  EB though it is nice to get a few listen,s I am always interested to get people's comments. TIGLJK when I get time i might try it out with a band.  Or maybe I will get lucky someone will cover it with a full backing line up. It is real good to get all your coments  thank you..
Merry Christmas