1 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-12-25 17:05:56)

Topic: Christmas Child

Well - when I got up this morning I looked out my window  - the first line of this song jumped in my head - from there -  I came and went and kept coming back to it.  Finally tonight I finished it. it goes like this -

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

2 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-12 03:47:59)

Re: Christmas Child

Beautiful, Jim!!! This has the "feel" of the Christmas songs I grew up with as a "Baby Boomer".  Yes, I'll say it:  It evokes nostalgia and a longing for the early years when Rudolph was a red-nosed reindeer, Frosty promised us he'd be back next year, and Santa was up on the housetop.

In other words, your song gives us solace Jim and even though I shouldn't ask this, I hope you and Phill can collaborate on this one especially. I don't want to "push" anyone into anything, but we need to hear something closer to the heart these days and this one is it.

Thank you for writing it, my friend!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

3 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-12-12 14:24:10)

Thanks Bill

here is a soundcloud version I did quickly this morning .
It's not great ( aka my poor  singing and playing) but it will give a bit of direction to others as to how I envision it if they want to do a cover.
https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/recording
I hope this qualifies as my Christmas card and message to all my chordie friends.
Merry Christmas all ! smile
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

It sure does Jim!

Thank you again and Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Brillant .... love the lyrics Jim, as you wrote on your song #True meaning of Christmas.  You astound me, you just keep writing these songs ......what a gift you have.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

hi a beautiful christmas story/song well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool