26 (edited by dino48 2016-12-13 15:46:19)

Re: Look What I Got *MY* Hands On Today!!!!!

happy NGD:-)  that is really good of Amy and Jim .

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I couldn't be happier to share a wee piece of the Chordie Universe with folk like Bill & Dondra, and couldn't be prouder than I am for what MKM and MKD have done for them.

That is a beautiful guitar  can't wait to hear Bill playing and singing with it.

Hey all!  I just got an email from our Good Buddy Bill.  It appears his blood pressure's been a bit high, so he's having a medication change and needs to minimize excitement and relax for a while.  It sounds like he'll be busy playing his new guitar and chilling out with his lovely Dondra.  He's said he may be MIA for a bit due to this, but not to worry... he says.  So, let's hope the change works and helps resolve the problem with his BP.  If all goes well, I'm sure he'll be back here tickling our bellies again soon with his wit and wisdom!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hi Everyone, it's Dondra

Bill asked me to post this under his name.

We'll get him straightened out asap and he says he and I will join all of our Chordie Family for Christmas and New Years, come "Hell or High Water". Right now, we're trying to titrate his new blood pressure meds UP so he can get enough to lower it. It is an iffy thing, because we don't want to give him too much, because if we do, it is likely to send him into Bradycardia, so we have to be careful. Thank God he loves scrambled eggs and toast!!!! lol

We are each other's caregivers and we ask for your thoughts, prayers and "good vibes". This one is from him..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eab_beh07HU

AMY! Your "Opa" says "Hey Kiddo"

And we both send our love

Dondra Craig

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Good luck to Bill.  Thanks for taking care of him Dondra.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Here's hoping he is soon feeling OK and his blood pressure stabilized. Hoping you are well too Dondra.

Take care, Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Hi Everyone, it's Dondra

Bill asked me to post this under his name.

We'll get him straightened out asap and he says he and I will join all of our Chordie Family for Christmas and New Years, come "Hell or High Water". Right now, we're trying to titrate his new blood pressure meds UP so he can get enough to lower it. It is an iffy thing, because we don't want to give him too much, because if we do, it is likely to send him into Bradycardia, so we have to be careful. Thank God he loves scrambled eggs and toast!!!! lol

We are each other's caregivers and we ask for your thoughts, prayers and "good vibes". This one is from him..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eab_beh07HU

AMY! Your "Opa" says "Hey Kiddo"

And we both send our love

Dondra Craig

opie I hope you feel better soon and I thank Dondra for informing us.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

We know he's all "twitterpated" about that new "toy", but best to be cautious anyway.  We know Dondra will keep Bill doing exactly whatever the Doc says to...... so can only wish you a speedy recovery there Buddy !!

Love to you Both from this corner of the World !

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thank you Dondra smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Hey it's me. Let me just wuickly update y'all on what's going on here, and thanks for the good wishes, everyone.

1. My blood pressure is out of control and my VA Doc isn't very happy, because up until Monday (tomorrow here), I haven't wanted to leave Dondra alone here at home to come and see her. She could come with me, me but I can't have her sitting up in a waiting room that long, so....

2. Since my blood pressure (at last check) is at 220/125 and the new meds have yet to "kick in", I've been instructed not to exert myself, because a b/p that high is a stroke risk, and we can't have that, since I am Dondra's caregiver.

3. In addition, I've been under some stress lately due to "family problems" that some of you may already know about.....

So..... I'm going to have "ride this out" a few days longer and I hope to be "with" you (my other family) on Christmas Eve

So, I think that catches you up on your pal, Opie and I'll see y'all asap.

Thanks for the love and care.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Opie Please take it easy and get better we miss you so don't mess with your blood pressure.

That's awful high.  Sounds like some time away from pretty near everything, with some gentle meditative music and sending your mind and spirit off to a happy place is in order.  Comfortable chair, long, slow, deep breaths, and some tasty herbal tea is also helpful.  Every day, as often as needed.  Get that BP down.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Well firstly since i haven`t been online much lately ............let me say congratulations Bill on the new guitar!  WOW! how amazing and what a fantastic thing for you MKM and MKD to do!  smile

Secondly Bill sorry to hear about the high blood pressure, hoping and praying it settles down real soon for you and levels out into a healthy and normal  pressure for you.  In the meantime, rest up and look after yourself.  Look forward to seeing you back here full of beans and keeping us all on our toes smile  Hi to Dondra as well smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Jandle wrote:

Look forward to seeing you back here full of beans and keeping us all on our toes smile

Ha ha.  I haven't seen or heard "full of beans" since my Mom passed.  Wonderful to see it again!  Ha, and Bill The Musicator is the perfect person to receive that honorarium!

Bill asked me to post his Christmas tree in the forums for him, so here ya'll go:
]https://c3.staticflickr.com/1/347/31761145562_6cfba7c6e2_c.jpg
And he offered up this clip to go along with it from Bill as well:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dofECCtTfaM&t=12s

wink  I'm thinking he's still rather in love with that guitar.  Here's hoping the BP is down a little and he's finding time to relax and unwind with a few songs!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Amy

So sweet of you and Jim !!

Bill
Hope all is improving and you bless us with a little tune, maybe a duet by you and Dondra. smile

That looks like a super nice Fender!
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Opie how about doing My Girl too Dondra?

Dino, buddy. I can play the bass part just fine, but I'm having trouble hitting some notes (such as D) with my voice. I'll check it out, though and maybe play it for her birthday. What a great idea, my friend!

Your Pal

Ope'  (Who is still helping Barney find his bullet) smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill, transpose it to where you can hit it?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

46 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-30 00:33:37)

I do that a lot, Beamer, but it also has to be easy. Like D A G. Sometimes when I try to transpose, it leads me to stuff like B flat minor 7th sustained  augmented over easy and sharply diminished. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

47 (edited by Doug_Smith 2016-12-30 08:21:23)

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

I do that a lot, Beamer, but it also has to be easy. Like D A G. Sometimes when I try to transpose, it leads me to stuff like B flat minor 7th sustained  augmented over easy and sharply diminished. smile

That come with Bacon, Hash Browns, Toast and Coffee too?  Try capo on 2, C/G  F and G.....and capo down/up from there wink

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

48 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-30 12:11:54)

mekidsmom wrote:

Bill asked me to post his Christmas tree in the forums for him, so here ya'll go:
]https://c3.staticflickr.com/1/347/31761145562_6cfba7c6e2_c.jpg
And he offered up this clip to go along with it from Bill as well:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dofECCtTfaM&t=12s

wink  I'm thinking he's still rather in love with that guitar.  Here's hoping the BP is down a little and he's finding time to relax and unwind with a few songs!

You are right, Enkelkind, your Opa "Opie" loves that guitar very much fer sure, fer sure. smile

I also wanted to make sure everyone "got" the  clip on YouTube? If not, would you please look at it again? It references "The First Gift Of Christmas" from the movie "The Polar Express", which is my favorite Christmas movie of all time. My little Fender (which carries the name "Amy" in honor of you know who) really was and is my very own "First Gift Of Christmas" from my friends Jim, Amy and Kids.

I STILL get chills when I play that beautiful guitar!!!!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

49 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-30 12:09:16)

Doug_Smith wrote:
Strummerboy Bill wrote:

That come with Bacon, Hash Browns, Toast and Coffee too?  Try capo on 2, C/G  F and G.....and capo down/up from there wink

HAHAHAHA! I see you got my little bit of "satire"..... . Yeah let's me and you head to the nearest  Waffle/Huddle House, get called "Hon"/"Hunny" by the wait staff (I love it when they do that!! ALWAYS makes me smile and feel good).

Thanks, my friend! Much appreciated. You're referencing "My Girl" using the capo, right? (Just making sure ---- been UP ALL NIGHT ------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_QRL3t9qyc

practicing and trying to make sense out of Audacity and watching the tutorial on YT.) I hope to have my "presentation" ready for y'all sometime very late tonight on SoundCloud. I want to thank my pretty Dondra for her constructive critical "ear" listening to me singing my two songs a capella in the car incessantly and helping me to rewrite a few words to make that one song "special". ("wink-wink, nudge-nudge. Say no more") smile . She won't be joining me with the singing (too shy), but we're gonna work something out.

Special thanks to Beamer for his help last night and introduction to Audacity. I'll get it together , Buddy, no worries. Got nothing to do all day but get ready with a couple of tunes honoring my Chordian friends!.....

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

audacity - I gave upon it...way too complicated for me.

Good luck Bill.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke