Topic: For Bill (Opie)

Thank you for the e-card opie its cool.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: For Bill (Opie)

Also thanks from me and Ann, hope you got my reply which was meant to say Blwyddyn newydd dda; happy new year, but my tablet wouldn't let me say that it kept changing...so blinking annoying.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thank you for my e-card also.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank you also for the personal note in my card.  I enjoyed it.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

It was OUR pleasure, my friends. Madondra (she pretends to hate that name, which is a "take-off" of Madonna) and I worked on your cards together and it pleased her very much to get to know y'all a little better as I told her about all of you we could reach.

For those whom we didn't send a card, please know it wasn't intentional (we just didn't have everyone's e-mail) and we wish all of you all the best for the coming year and for all time!

Your Friends

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Phill Williams wrote:

Also thanks from me and Ann, hope you got my reply which was meant to say Blwyddyn newydd dda; happy new year, but my tablet wouldn't let me say that it kept changing...so blinking annoying.

We did:). I had an Irish friend once who kept trying to wish me Slainte, but could never get it spelled quite right. smile I don't believe it had to do with Spell-Check, however. I think he may have been - as you British say - "In his cups"?

By the way, Phill... I hope you don't take offense when I use a British epithet or saying? It is always meant as a compliment and has to do with my love for the English language and its many nuances! Also, in my collegiate theater days, i had to learn the British dialect for the Agatha Christie mystery, Towards Zero in which I played "True" Thomas Royde. smile

I always like to recommend the short book Foxen In The Hen Hice by Richard Lederer for a hilarious interpretation of our language.

Your Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I too love the English language and hate it when it is misused or illegitimate-child-ised (you know what I mean?) Although in his cups is a new one on me.

I've read some Christie but never heard of Thomas Lederer! I shall have to look that one up

The more I get to know you the more talents come to the surface; a thespian no less?

It's new years eve and I shall be working tonight but I will be thinking of you and Dondra be good and enjoy.

Phill&Ann

8 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-31 10:22:06)

Well, in College and some Community Theater only, but I couldn't do it now. My memory's getting to the point where I'd probably need cueing for every line. HA~

Sorry you have to work tonight, Phill. I know a great recipe for "Jello Shots" you can take to work with you. smile

People here in the American Deep South are really bad at understanding what you mean when you use the word "Thespian". I used it once on a morning radio program and I thought I was gonna "git run outta town, Boah!"...... smile You should have seen those phone lights start to blink as soon as that word came out of my mouth. wink

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

It's not work, work! It's entertaining work. I shall be done (I hope) by 12.30 then down to my son's house to join in the party....yes I know; stone cold sober when everyone else is ratted...big awe for Phill

Phill Williams wrote:

It's not work, work! It's entertaining work. I shall be done (I hope) by 12.30 then down to my son's house to join in the party....yes I know; stone cold sober when everyone else is ratted...big awe for Phill

Awwwwwwww. sad.

smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Got mine too.  Been pouring a lot of time into family this break, so haven't replied yet.  It was very nice to have been thought of.  Thank you.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Happy New Year Bill andd Dondra
Thank you for your E card I enjoyed it. I have attached a message for you below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Z9UtAGOls