Topic: 10am Jam session today

yes we started at 9:30am the guys get together when we can due to work and personal time restrictions we turned our drummer Gary Klever loose on a John Foggerty song "Born On The Bayou" which we added to our list. I get to play my Les Paul and crank it out a bit.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHbfRby … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: 10am Jam session today

Great lioved it,the drummer sounds a lot  like John Fogerty!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Russell

Very good track.  I agree with Dino, it has a Fogerty sound to the vocals for sure. Gary nailed it!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Lot of fun with this one Gary has a good voice I  would like to see him sing more  thanks dino smile

dino48 wrote:

Great lioved it,the drummer sounds a lot  like John Fogerty!

TIGLJK wrote:

Russell

Very good track.  I agree with Dino, it has a Fogerty sound to the vocals for sure. Gary nailed it!

Jim

HI Jim  I like using my Les Paul more it has a heavier lover end  and Gary loves doing Fogerty songs so we will give him some more smile

Russell, Another good one. love that song.

Tyson7 wrote:

Russell, Another good one. love that song.

Thank  you! great dance tune nice and steady smile

Great tune guys loved it

Grah1 wrote:

Great tune guys loved it

Thanks Graham for taking a look and feedback is the life blood of entertainers good or bad I just wish I lived in a warmer climate like you and Roger lol it is 12 above with a steady strong wind today in Wisconsin smile

Been back in the  UK   for  2  yrs now Russell ,living  in the Yorkshire  dales  it gets   pretty  cold   here  at  times ....lol

Grah1 wrote:

Been back in the  UK   for  2  yrs now Russell ,living  in the Yorkshire  dales  it gets   pretty  cold   here  at  times ....lol

You should spend a winter in Wisconsin  the UK would seem like a sunny day in Jamaica smile

Very well done, and that backdrop is way cool, how is that done?   ~S~

sisyphus wrote:

Very well done, and that backdrop is way cool, how is that done?   ~S~

Thank you for your comment, we use a green screen and the background is another video I blend in with my video program

I have zero idea of what green screen is Russ, but it's way cool and would like to learn more   ~S~

15 (edited by Russell_Harding 2017-01-08 14:05:54)

sisyphus wrote:

I have zero idea of what green screen is Russ, but it's way cool and would like to learn more   ~S~

There are several ways to achieve a green scree effect but the easiest is go to Walmart,Target or another retail giant and they sell green fabric you also need to make sure you get enough to span the entire background of your studio so everyone in the band fits including the sides. next you need a camera that has a wide angle lens I have a Sony HDR-MVI movie cam with large mic's they can be obtained on the web, a tripod or someone holding the camera and last you need a green screen video program I would suggest the one I have it is very inexpensive at around 25 dollars or so called TrakAx make sure it has green screen editing there are free video tutorials that are included to help you edit and depending on how quick you can learn(it takes a bit of time and patience) last you need a video to put in the back it can be a photo or whatever but make sure you dont wear any green clothing or you will be invisible :lol; if you need any help let me know smile almost forgot LIGHTING you need to have front indirect (aim at ceiling ) and back lighting to cancel out the shadows on the green screen.

Great stuff Russ. Your band could show the youngster a thing or two.
Well done enjoyed it.

Thank you ark we will play our 1st gig next month and it looks like a lot of people will be there so we will be motivated smile

arkady wrote:

Great stuff Russ. Your band could show the youngster a thing or two.
Well done enjoyed it.