Re: CHORDIESTOCK V - 3/16/17 - 3/19/17

Good idea dino - how about we relaunch the PATW project from CSV. I''m asking all chordians that are planning to attend to bring something for the package. I'll make a new post when it is ready to send and the first response will get it. I hope Dirty Ed will bring a CD or 2 to include! If folks want to include things in the relaunch, they can PM me for my address, but it may be best to wait -the waiting, mailing and tracking where the package goes is half of the fun.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

I''m asking all chordians that are planning to attend to bring something for the package.

As we are all over 21 can I bring scotch?

28 (edited by dino48 2016-12-15 01:25:29)

Jeff maybe we could also give alternate  e-mails to give to you or one of the other moderators in case we go missing  or a family phone number.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Dirty Ed wrote:
Topdawgz wrote:

I will be there with the Cowboy, Keith Fulp, and a truck load of equipment. And some new songs. And some brown liquor. I am looking for a condo near Topdown's house, so if anyone wants to split one with me and Cowboy for Thurs Fri Sat Sun , I will make the arrangements. Dirty Ed, you are welcome to bunk with us if we find a bunkhouse. And I will have Nashville tuned Martin guitar with me, DE,

Sounds like a good plan - I'm in !  We'll probably need to take turns being the designated driver from Jeff's back to the condo smile

Hey, Dirty Ed- found a small house for 3/15  (Wednesday) through 3/20 (Monday) with two bedrooms and futon couch. If you don't mind a twin bed and sharing a bathroom and kitchen with us guys (me and Cowboy Keith), then $250 would cover each of us. We will put Cowboy on the couch! The house is 1.5 miles from Jeff's and is walkable. Plenty of parking for us, too!

I don't care if Hell freezes, as long as I've got my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car......

Strat, Martin, Tele, Artcore.......

That's a sweet deal Topdawgz.  The walking down there is great. Everything's flat.  At least the roads are.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I've got a spare bedroom, plenty of floor space and plan on borrowing Wyatt's camper if needed. I can easily put up 6 or 8 here, 10 or 12 if we really push it.

I may have a change in plans.  I have an appointment with a surgeon Monday to determine if my left knee needs replaced. It's been getting worse, affecting my walking and keeping me awake at night. If the decision is to go with the surgery,  it'll impact my traveling to Florida for Chordiestock.  I'll know more after Monday.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

33 (edited by topdown 2017-01-06 19:40:40)

^ well gosh durn it DE, I sure hope you can make it but whatever happens I wish you best of luck with your knee.

edited by TD for squeeky cleanliness - thanks for the heads up

Man. I'll sure miss you at Chordiestock if you can't make it DE.  Sonya and I were talking about a possible June Zurfapalooza, possibly along the Shenandoah.  The Potomac campground where Ben used to have the Gatherodeos got all cleaned up and now they want half a fortune for sites.  It's a nice campground, but not worth more per night than a Motel 6 room.

That place where we had the Zurfapalooza a few years ago when Normtheguitar joined us worked out pretty well.  Also, the Andy Guest State Park is good, but not quite so free with the adult beverages as our crowd generally prefers.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:

Man. I'll sure miss you at Chordiestock if you can't make it DE.  Sonya and I were talking about a possible June Zurfapalooza, possibly along the Shenandoah.  The Potomac campground where Ben used to have the Gatherodeos got all cleaned up and now they want half a fortune for sites.  It's a nice campground, but not worth more per night than a Motel 6 room.

That place where we had the Zurfapalooza a few years ago when Normtheguitar joined us worked out pretty well.  Also, the Andy Guest State Park is good, but not quite so free with the adult beverages as our crowd generally prefers.

What date in June are you thinking about Zurf?  The Riversmallies Buckeye Rodeo is usually around the first weekend of June and this year Al Agnew is wanting to put together an RS event in Arkansas or Missouri about the second week.

DE

It may be a long reach, but I dang sure dont want to miss another year!  No clue what my time off days will look like or if I will have earned back the time.  All I can say is ill sleep anywhere and it will b e a last minute decision I think.  (Jeff, I'll have my gear for your host present again if I do make it, I wont have to worry about a machine braking as I now have 2 smile  )

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Dirty Ed wrote:
Zurf wrote:

What date in June are you thinking about Zurf?  The Riversmallies Buckeye Rodeo is usually around the first weekend of June and this year Al Agnew is wanting to put together an RS event in Arkansas or Missouri about the second week.

DE

We haven't thought that far ahead. We're lucky to have figured 2017.

Left knee replacement is scheduled for Feb 3. which would allow for 6 weeks of healing before Chordiestock.  The chances are slim, but depending on how rehab goes and a couple other factors  I may still be able to make it.

I'm definitely interested in an event in VA.

DE

Dirty Ed wrote:

I'm definitely interested in an event in VA.

DE

We'll pull out the calendar.  July is shot already.  If it's in August that would mean it'll just be me and maybe my youngest because the eldest is in band camp then and Sonya returns to work after a summer break. That's why we were thinking June.

2 months away!

I am cursed. Week long work trip in Vegas those days now. sad I might need to come to one of the other jams; this week of the year something always seems to come up.

Baldguitardude wrote:

I am cursed. Week long work trip in Vegas those days now. sad I might need to come to one of the other jams; this week of the year something always seems to come up.

That bites.  I was looking forward to meeting you in person.

Bummer. With all the recent cancellations, it seems Zurf may be the only true chordian traveling to the event this year. It will still be a great party with plenty of local friends, put perhaps "chordiestock" has run it's course.

topdown wrote:

Bummer. With all the recent cancellations, it seems Zurf may be the only true chordian traveling to the event this year. It will still be a great party with plenty of local friends, put perhaps "chordiestock" has run it's course.

If I'm representing - I will need to increase the volume of my caterwauling. The table by the porch door will help in this endeavor.

This party will be staring 3 weeks from tonight. I ordered some custom collector drinkware for the big event. If there are leftovers, I'd be happy to ship to any previous attendees.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16864419_10212300749624049_4670189109092833783_n.jpg?oh=33b8f15fc9a184147b1a397914c2f90c&oe=59383E08

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16938628_10212300749104036_1848571427988534052_n.jpg?oh=3deac650309d0b83e97fcbd2de3b1a2b&oe=593EDE59

If there is something going on in May or June, I may be able to attend. If it is within a reasonable driving distance. I won`t be working. I will definitely have some free time.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Jx3 - Topdawgz and I have chatted a couple times about something in June. We don't have a date yet, and we haven't been able to synch up even a couple hours to play in the past year (and he only lives a two hour drive from here), but we're working on it.

CSV starts in 4 days - Banner is up!

https://scontent.ftpa1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17265038_10212464344633822_6403797137223686654_n.jpg?oh=434964b3361431ccc76a9237f932a401&oe=596C4258

I may not be there in body but Ill be there in spirit, and my name shall remain as long as that banner exist! smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

It's killing me that I won't make it this year Jeff. On Wednesday  I go to see the surgeon for one last check-up on my knee.

I mailed you a package that should be arriving Monday or Tuesday.  I included a copy of my "New Toons" CD that I made a few years ago and a "Rough Cuts" CD for you, Zurf, Topdawg and Southpaw to listen to.  It's a CD of some of the songs I've written the last couple years in their "raw" state, which I normally record and listen to before editing and making lyric changes, adding bridges, turnarounds, etc.  I've been too lazy to make a 'final" recording of each song but thought you guys might get a kick out of listening to it. Several of the songs are ones I played at last year's chordiestock and promised I'd send to you.

Be sure to keep us informed and up-to-date during chordiestock.  I'm gonna miss being there.

DE