Topic: COS THEY CAN

I thought I'd post this one as it's not one of my usual themes. It's about those detestable millionaires that run our world from behind the scenes, that take all our money to make themselves richer. They make us work for a pittance then tax us to the hilt. When are they gonna pay back what they owe us? Oh yes, I've been watching The Black List on box sets, this week we've seen 3 series....

Chordpro error: The song does not contain chords. Please include at least two chords in brackets within the text, like this: [C7].

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: COS THEY CAN

Phill
another cracker.love the way you haven`t gone for obvious rhymes
just let the story be told in a natural way.
looking forward to hearing the recording.
thanks.

The King Of Audio Torture

Phill

Very nice.....  superb social commentary
I 've must've had those thoughts a million times..  always questioning that if somehow I won the mega lottery and had millions - what would I do - would I just become one of them or would I really make a difference in some other people's lives.   The tragedy is that there are so many impoverished persons, it is an impossible task ( including the ones that don't really want to help themselves).  The economic division in societies around the globe is growing at an alarming rate  - someday the price will have to be paid.

I anticipate a cool rendition of this when your voice is healthy smile !

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

easybeat wrote:

Phill
another cracker.love the way you haven`t gone for obvious rhymes
just let the story be told in a natural way.
looking forward to hearing the recording.
thanks.

thanks for that, i do try to avoid easy(?) rhymes if i can and get the story down the way it comes into my head.

the recording may take a little longer as i've fallen foul of this cold/flu infection that's been doing the rounds, glad it waited till after Christmas and the new year, the recording will have to wait a little while longer.

TIGLJK wrote:

Phill

Very nice.....  superb social commentary
I 've must've had those thoughts a million times..  always questioning that if somehow I won the mega lottery and had millions - what would I do - would I just become one of them or would I really make a difference in some other people's lives.   The tragedy is that there are so many impoverished persons, it is an impossible task ( including the ones that don't really want to help themselves).  The economic division in societies around the globe is growing at an alarming rate  - someday the price will have to be paid.

I anticipate a cool rendition of this when your voice is healthy smile !

Jim

we all know about George Michael and his toilet fiasco (flashing etc) and his drug habit, yet i've just heard how he gave a lot of money secretly to help some people get IVF treatment, so to me that's a good way of using the millions he's accumulated.

it just gets my goat how the mega rich can throw their (usually) ill gotten gains about on £1000 a night hotel rooms etc, it took me a month to earn that when i was working!
the UK government want to spend billions to fix up the houses of parliament (palace of Westminster) while slowly and not so discretely killing off our national health service by starving it of funds! let me think now, what do i want to keep the most? a corrupt money grabbing institution a building that was never meant for that purpose?  or an institution envied the world over worked and fought for by our forefathers? woops, politics is a taboo subject, swift change.

i was working in a factory that was making good profits but the bosses might make a quick profit from closing it down dumping the employees onto the welfare system putting more strain onto decent tax payers while the company got away with having to pay nothing!

enough ranting. thanks for the review Jim