1 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2017-01-15 02:57:51)

Topic: NGD x 2.

This time it is an 02 Ibanez Artcore full hollow body. Plus a 97 Fender Tele California series MIA. No pictures yet. I took them right away to Union Music for setup. The Ibanez shows some signs of use but still in great shape. The Tele definitely has been "Experienced".  Got the pair for $1100.00. The price they were asking for the Tele alone.  Truthfully, I said that I was through buying for a while. But an Orange Tele stands out in a crowd. I guess that didn`t last long.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: NGD x 2.

All these NGD posts are putting me in the mood. Need Pics!!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

No pics yet. They are being set up. I haven`t brought them home yet

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

topdown wrote:

No pics yet. They are being set up. I haven`t brought them home yet

Enjoy Every Sandwich

5 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-01-15 20:40:33)

You got some more good deals there, JJJ. Nice thing about scratches / wear in the finish, is that cosmetic stuff can always be redone.

So much for your resolutions ... sad

Wow.  Everybody buying guitars.  Not me.  Not today, but I'm happy for y'all.  Been thinking about basses...

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Make that NGD x 3. Picked up an old Harmony fron the 70s. (Korean).  Also a Silvertone Chord Organ.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Zurf wrote:

Wow.  Everybody buying guitars.  Not me.  Not today, but I'm happy for y'all.  Been thinking about basses...

Zurf ... I've been thinking about basses also, but of a different kind. Everything's frozen over right now here in Nova Scotia, but our sport-fishing season opens on April 1 (75 days) and I can't wait!

http://sepond.com/images/uploads/content/fish/38/smallmouth-bass__medium.jpg

I've been thinking about those too.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Congrats JJJ. Nothing like buying multiple guitars at one time especially when you get quality for a great price.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Just got them back today. Pictures on FB. For what it`s worth, they play like a dream. Especially the Tele.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Tenement Funster wrote:
Zurf wrote:

Zurf ... I've been thinking about basses also, but of a different kind. Everything's frozen over right now here in Nova Scotia, but our sport-fishing season opens on April 1 (75 days) and I can't wait!

http://sepond.com/images/uploads/content/fish/38/smallmouth-bass__medium.jpg

I'm with ya on that one TF.  I get a new knee in two weeks and have plans not only to fish for smallies in a lot of Ohio's streams but have made tentative plans for fishing trips to Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Arkansas and Quetico Provincial Park in western Ontario.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

13 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-01-19 04:05:14)

I'm with ya on that one TF.  I get a new knee in two weeks and have plans not only to fish for smallies in a lot of Ohio's streams but have made tentative plans for fishing trips to Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Arkansas and Quetico Provincial Park in western Ontario.

DE

Hope it goes as well as mine did, DE. Did you mention a while ago that you've already had one done? Just had my 6-week follow up yesterday, and the doc was pleased (as am I) with how everything's progressing. Here's a screen shot of my new "hinge":

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EjmHstJ6kj11lCbd43fQln4ng2EoaWaZNN92C83qxjQbRmxSS6ZOzvWlzltmyVTKLkaEYixQ1DRDkd0WOKdR_EWCUZwG2vgUJbysfYKAjmtSZreyncxXQMdtYbgpNIOundmVc7tGrYyGXf5o2JGs_Xv6MyufDiupnZgQ-dQ8JgQWOVu715HLs2yQ1wPYI-_qYbIZd4l0ic-rx8FDIT-IeOp_A2vm37bRAtbhlBfwaVg5_zAhK_aWpuuxMNVvF7L56WMzJEUTGAOY-yVTdulpIMEnWgPo8mZRXrpPSCxWmTuG_vKZelRuzGSITfqO7d2rBmSX_xKfuYuF3BL3jsNUROUox--SFMSsEW7QoUCiNLvyoqGPQ4Qw-EKlsc3H5idhlnOgCWlHo4W7uaWUUiQOlnzR3g1pLyPHSqNmXDqgGKFm7ynqAUhtDS3xh_o4fR2o-kL9KRgjw8H1LE33VTDVYkDPKB6UjEdUCLVQB8xSG9ulXdDpJnMAwo0cmp5CanKudeVNSekhlqBeJJtk17-rw0F5yXxCf2JQoHtBeXhr78PSN5PxT_0qMJO6yYvjh1wKBxLCLcE46RjFvcN8sH4pO_bSI4m2v3X6fxXQSyIC2G0_auqF=w456-h810-no

"Hope it goes as well as mine did, DE. Did you mention a while ago that you've already had one done? Just had my 6-week follow up yesterday, and the doc was pleased (as am I) with how everything's progressing. Here's a screen shot of my new "hinge":

Glad to hear you're doing well with the new knee TF  I had my right one replaced 18 months ago and the left one will be done on February 3rd.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Congratulations TE.  Here's hoping that your recovery keeps going as well.

WOW!  I gotta get in here more often.  This thread certainly took some twists and turns. NGD, fishing and now knee replacement. I'm gonna need a minute for my head to stop spinning. smile

Happy NGD Joey.

TF, shouldn't you be cutting some holes in frozen lakes to do some fishing? smile

And that knee x-ray http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6656.gif I know nothing about knee replacement so maybe I'm missing something. How does a knee work with the bottom half flat and the top half nearly flat? That's a very odd looking setup. It doesn't look like it would bend smoothly.

17 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-01-20 12:46:32)

Apologies to JJJ ...

My bad for hijacking this thread ... it all started with a play on words about "bass" (guitars VS fish), and away we went.

UJB: The X-ray doesn't show the polymers between the metal, which  makes the whole thing work together. In raw terms, the metal replaces the bone, and the polymers replace the cartilage. Ice fishing and fly fishing (my preferred method) don't really work together. Perhaps I could cut a long trench with a chainsaw? lol

https://2nznub4x5d61ra4q12fyu67t-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/DJO-power-knee.png