Topic: Recreational Habits ???

It`s time to start rethinking my Recreational Habits. After spending the whole day in the hospital yesterday. Luckily, I had Chris to drive me and stay with me the whole time. I also have to face up to events in the past 2 years. This may have been the kick in the butt I needed. I have the full support of some of my friends. Some won`t like it. Wish me luck. Time to try a different way of living now. Starting yesterday.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Recreational Habits ???

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I have the full support of some of my friends. Some won`t like it. Wish me luck. Time to try a different way of living now. Starting yesterday.

Those that support you ARE your Friends, those that won't like it MAY not be (so much)...... YOU gotta' do what's best for YOU.  Happy to know you are still OK !!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

3 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-01-31 10:59:27)

Here's wishing you successful resolve on your new path, JJJ.

Your mental and physical health should matter to anyone who calls themselves your friend ... true for all of us. I had to make similar changes years ago, and it sure wasn't easy. Your old "friends" will soon be replaced by new ones who care about the real you.

One day at a time, JJJ ... you can do it!

Get well and do what you want. If you want to make changes, do it. You don't need anyone's permission. More power to you.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Changes can never be forced on someone. They have to come from within. Take it from someone who has been there.

Best wishes in your new direction.

JJJ,  I made a similar decision 28 years ago, one day at a time I made a better way for myself. Some stood by me and others drifted away. The past is gone, I've learned to live in the "now" and have made peace with myself. You will do this and be better for it. Make your own path and don't look for footprints to follow,  you can't see where your going if your looking down,  best wishes to you JJJ.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-02-05 10:57:15)

Been thinking about you all week, JJJ ... and I sincerely hope your first week went well, and that you're encouraged so far. No reply needed, but just wanted to say "Hang in there, buddy!"

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder342/250x250/44838342.jpg

JJJ
I am hopeful that everything in your life begins to travel down a path of newfound happiness and meaning.
We all have crosses to bear and problems to resolve, and it certainly is easier if you have a support system of friends and family.
Wishing you the best in your recovery . remember that the greatest journeys that ever happened began with a first step.
Just like getting a new guitar - which I know you excel at-  may your first steps be those of excitement and joy - in celebration of a new beginning.
Change is not always easy - but stick to your goals - you can do it!
I am sure I speak for all the Chordie members on here-  we wish you nothing but the best !
peace, prayers,  and warm regards for you

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Jim and I have been thinking of you since seeing this.  If you're making some sort of change for the better, and someone else can't support that, then they sure aren't a friend.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

To everyone. Thank you for all the support.   One thing. I am not looking to stop completely. Just cut down. My friends. Nobody pushed me Friday night to do anything. I guess it is safe to say that all my friends are on my side.  Last night I was drinking apple juice. Played for about an hour. Almost flawless. Not out of the woods yet. Still have to get checked to find what is going on. Chris has been great through the whole thing. She keeps on me to watch myself. My other friends have my back too. When they found out what happened Monday, their whole atittude changed. 18 months ago, I wouldn`t have cared. A lot has changed. I guess I have to change with the times. Thanx again

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.