Topic: NGD pending

It should be here on Friday. This time it is a Gretsch White Penguin.  When retirement comes, I will probably be doing this less and less. If I am going to cut down, I may as well do it in style.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: NGD pending

You need a white tuxedo just to play that, don't you?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'd never heard of White Penguin but what a stunner that is. If I owned that I'd wrap up work anyway and just play all day.

Thick as two short planks

4 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-03-07 11:13:53)

Yep, a tuxedo for sure ... with lots of sequins! lol Seriously, that's a fine piece of guitar you got coming ... congratulations! Whenever I think of "pen-goo-ins", this old Bugs Bunny clip comes to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7v4PPijV7Y

holy crap  if that plays as well its price tag affirms - I WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR YOU RECORDING POSTED HERE ON CHORDIE

Congratulations JJJ !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Picture fairy. Please help. UPS delivered it yesterday.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-03-09 19:40:52)

Here you go ... JJJ!

That's a sweet looking axe ... Happy NGD. I've often coveted a Gretsch Duo-Jet, which has the same electronics plus a Bigsby, but isn't quite as flashy.

http://www.12fret.com/wp-content/gallery/gretsch_white_penguin_jt/gretsch_white_penguin_front_4.jpg

that's   really, really cool looking

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

NICE,  solid body?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

TF-- thanx for posting the picture.  Scott-- the body is chambered. Not hollow. Not quite solid.  Everyone-- Thanx for all the compliments.  7 more weeks, I will have time to work on and play all these toys. For what it`s worth-- this plays like a dream. Just have to get used to playing electric again.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

I can see Joey sitting in Brian Setzer's Orchestra with his Tux playing this guitar smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)