Topic: Adding songs to Songbook

If I am already logged in to Chordie, why is it that I can add some songs to my Songbook simply by clicking on the option "Add To My Songbook", yet other songs in the same session prompt me to "log in to Songbook"?

Re: Adding songs to Songbook

I have looked at posts re browser and cookies etc this problem started when the new version of ch went live and since then Ive written them out by hand
BUT I really do want to know why it wont let me add any songs to my songbook
I cannot see whats up I log in try to add it says  log id add song I hit that and it takes me to Forum and logs me out
Can I maybe delete my profile and start over

Copper- Have you posted 100 songs to that songbook?  You can create a  new one and that might help.

Just one song!

I have the same issue.  I log in and can see my songbook, but when I click on Songs my log-in icon disappears and when I try to add a song, it prompts me to log in.  Every time.  Only about a dozen songs in my songbook.  Any ideas?

Hey guys!  This sounds like an expired cookie!  This may be a setting related to your browser accepting cookies, or you may simply need to remove all old cookies related to Chordie and download new ones.  If you let me know what browser you're using, I may be able to help further.  There's a bunch of info over on this thread though as well, and I'll link you to the location where I share about cookies:  http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic. … 68#p170968

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

You may or may not have had this answer, but once in a while the same thing will happen to me. So the first thing I do is close everything out and check Windows 10 settings for updates. Whether or not there are any (if there are I do the updates, if not, I run my antivirus. Then I'll once again log in to Chordie. Often I give it a little time after my log-in takes before I do any extensive searching posts and/or songs. Often I'll look at the forum and read threads I'm interested in. After a few reads, the log-in takes and I'm good to go. Operating systems aren't anything like they used to be 10 or 20 years ago. Often the system gets hung. and, like mekidsmom has advised, ridding old cookies does the trick. I just let the system do that for me through normal work. It takes longer, but makes my time on the PC worth even having one.

Well, based on all the speculation about why this is happening and possible solutions, I'm left with the impression that no one really knows what the f**k  is going on or why. I certainly appreciate all the well intentioned posts but in the mean time I'm just going to bite the bullet and print out all the songs I'm keen on and say screw the song book because in the end  I tend to agree with the gentleman that disdains storing anything on or in the cloud since it seems nebulous at best and risky at worst. Happy jammin' to all you erstwhile musicians out there.

9 (edited by joel60 2017-05-05 10:16:11)

when i try to ad a song to songbook it just keeps taking me to the forum page. i press the login-add to songbook link but no luck.

edit. what i've just done is transposed the song up or down one semitone then change it back to it's original key and hey presto! it now gives me the option to add to songbook and it worked. must be something to do with the server or cookies or something. hope this helps?