Topic: been noticing something

And that is that PER must be making a lot on ads these deays because now our sidebars are loaded with click bait!  anyone else a little annoyed with it?  But hey the site is still free.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: been noticing something

I haven't noticed that running on either Chrome via Mac or on iOS. So far as I have ever noticed the site uses Google for ad placements, so maybe big G has gone and done something wonky or you have accidentally installed some adware, brother!

I see banner ads, but not so much side bar ads.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

4 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2017-05-09 20:12:08)

Babson to the right.  Mexican ladies on the bottom. As long as I don`t leave the cursor on it, it is just an ad. If I do, it clicks on the ad automatically. It doesen`t bother me. The one for Discount Tires came up. I did click on it. Has anyone ever done business with them. Four 17"  Cooper tires and wheels for 1300 sounds pretty good. Free Shipping. I may go through them.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I've used Discount Tires. I have them ship the tires to my mechanic, who calls me when they come in. Then I go and have him install them. It works great.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

6 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-05-10 01:27:23)

Chordie is such a terrific resource and contact forum, and I'm glad Per is able to attract some advertising to keep it going at zero cost for us. This site is almost a daily stop for me, and there's always something read, a new song to look up, etc.

BUT ... the best feature of this site is the respectful and constructive attitude of all you Chordians. Like any community, the residents are what make or break it ... and y'all have made this place fantastic!

I notice the ads because they often overlay the content I'm trying to read, and there is no way to move around it.  I if I scroll down, the ad stays put!

It's annoying.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Tenement Funster wrote:

Chordie is such a terrific resource and contact forum, and I'm glad Per is able to attract some advertising to keep it going at zero cost for us. This site is almost a daily stop for me, and there's always something read, a new song to look up, etc.

BUT ... the best feature of this site is the respectful and constructive attitude of all you Chordians. Like any community, the residents are what make or break it ... and y'all have made this place fantastic!

HEAR, HEAR. good point well made

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

[/quote=Phill Williams]

Tenement Funster wrote:

Chordie is such a terrific resource and contact forum... ... and y'all have made this place fantastic!

Heh-heh-heh. He said y'all. wink

Opie

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

I don't see any ads

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I think I must be  immune to those ads - I only see the great stuff that my fellow Chordians post. Although in reality they are there, I rarely even pay any attention to them.  They can put as many as they want on here  and get all sorts of funds for chordie as long as we get the opportunity to do what we do at no cost. This place is fantastic - made that way by the wonderful people participating on this site, not by the ads.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke