Topic: Teaming Up

Dear Family

You know, I have so many "bits" of songs stored here on my machine. Sometimes I go back and finish and other times I forget they are there, so they languish in a file forever.

So I got to thinking: Why not get a like-minded Chordian to team up with me and try to get the tune written, tabbed and recorded (if possible)?

Here's the method behind my madness: I take one of my unfinished tunes, get in touch with my "partner" ]Tiglik, explain what I'm trying to convey with it, send it to him and see if he has any ideas (words) on how to finish it? Jim (or anyone) could do likewise and send his unfinished song to me and let ME work on it.

We can share writing credits and then finally get our work nailed down.

Could this work?

Thanks

Opie

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Teaming Up

Bill
sounds like a good idea
send me something to have a crack at.
EB

The King Of Audio Torture

I will do it, easy. Give me a couple of days to pick one out and write a synopsis for you, okay?

Thanks, my friend!

Opie

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill, we've worked together before. I'm always up for a challenge

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

5 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2017-05-13 22:43:03)

Thanks, Phill!

Unfortunately,  what I have done in most of them is one or two lines and an "idea" of where I'd like the song to develop and "end". The song, "Sargasso" for instance is a "story" song and as is my  "habit" I have painted myself into a corner with my rhyming again. wink  I think I could really benefit from some kind of song-writing program. Maybe Jim could be of some assistance in that regard - he has really shown himself to be quite the wordsmith!

Also, I have so much going on at the moment, I can't even complete a thought let alone set one down on paper.

Thanks very much everyone for the support. I know to be grateful for it.

Opie

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill

Of course I'll be in on this. smile
Let me know what you got and where you want to go.
I'll give it my best shot.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Bill, i often hit the wall myself so someone elses input tends to get the juices flowing once more. You know where i am if you need me.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.